Does NCL still offer the on-board Phone & Text Package?

I'm wondering if NCL ships still offer the on-board package that allows you to use your cellphone to contact other passenger's cellphones. You supposedly access the package through the NCL app once onboard the ship and pay $10 per device to use the package for the entire trip. If they still offer it, has the price increased?

On the Bliss, it was about $10 per person -- not per day, just for the whole cruise.  We were able to send messages to our friends via the app because they had purchased it, too. The problem is that you have to be looking at your phone to see that you have a message.  Sometimes, it rang if they called, but it was sketchy as we were at sea and all.  LOL!  But it doesn't make a sound or anything if they send a text.  In interesting information, my husband and I both have iPhones and I'm sure it's a loophole that will get plugged at some point, but during our cruise in September, I was able to send him iMessages, and also send iMessages to others who weren't on the cruise at all as iMessage worked the same as it does everywhere else, including sound to notify him he got a message and my phone told me when it was read.  YMMV.

• Like 1