Premium Drinks Upgrade - On Line Portal

LIMPIT

Why do Celebrity not give option on their Web Site Portal to upgrade from an existing Basic Drink Package to Premium for the duration of the voyage prior to sailing ? 
it would save time & effort for guests rather than clogging up the Celebrity Customer Service telephone lines !

also is there any financial benefit from this process rather than upgrading once aboard ?

Many thanks 

• Like 2

I agree, but when I rang from the UK I got through really quickly to a very helpful lady in the US. 

Not sure if there is any financial benefit leaving it until on board, but I prefer to have it sorted and PAL preprinted on my cruise card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

Why do Celebrity not give option on their Web Site Portal to upgrade from an existing Basic Drink Package to Premium for the duration of the voyage prior to sailing ? 

no one here knows why Celebrity do or do not operate their website the way they currently do

it would save time & effort for guests rather than clogging up the Celebrity Customer Service telephone lines !   

yes it probably would but apparently that isn’t a priority for them.

Managed to book the upgrade after calling Celebrity, answered within a few minutes and processed after a further 15 mins, operator could not offer explanation on why the web site does not allow upgrades.

10% Discount for Captains Club, and upgrade paid out of OBC, so now it’s sorted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

IME they do. At about 30 days prior to your sailing, the upgrade options appear.

Just now, RichYak said:

IME they do. At about 30 days prior to your sailing, the upgrade options appear.

Recent experience?

It seems like in the last six months or so they removed the option from the cruise planner.  It seemed to correspond to around the time they were raising prices for the drink packages.  I remember seeing it for one of my cruises and then it was gone.  I haven't heard of anyone being able to do it on the website since then.

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Recent experience?

It seems like in the last six months or so they removed the option from the cruise planner.  It seemed to correspond to around the time they were raising prices for the drink packages.  I remember seeing it for one of my cruises and then it was gone.  I haven't heard of anyone being able to do it on the website since then.

About a year. Probably old info then.