Online check in 72 hours prior to cruise

susiesan

At 21 days prior to sailing you will get your email notice to do an On Line check in.  It really is a pretty simple process. The only issue we had was fitting in our pictures to the size space they provided. We ultimately took new pictures on our desk top computer and then watched the Safety Video and then printed off our Boarding Passes and downloaded them to our phones. We are done and ready to go to Buenos Aires in a week or so. 🤪
If for some reason you are not able to do the On Line Check in, you will be able to do it at the Terminal but it may take you a bit longer to get processed. 
Just Enjoy, Mauibabes. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Can we still check in the old fashioned way? Will we have a. Problem?

Yes. Watched people doing it. You’re not excluded for being computer illiterate! 🤫 Just as a convenience to others, if you don’t pre register, I’d do your fellow cruisers a favor and not do Boardamania. Wait until 2:00 or so to board, the lines will be gone, and the clerical staff will have plenty of time to assist you. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acrusa said:

Whether you check in online or at the terminal you still have to wait in a line to see a clerk to get your boarding card. Picking a check in time in advance doesn't mean anything when the ship is full. I had a check in time of noon for Marina on Dec. 4 and did not get to the check in clerk until 1:30. I had not checked in online.

50 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Last cruise n O 2019 out of Miami, got there at around 10 am walked up to the desk got right on no waiting did not ask my cabin category 

Maybe cause Covid-19 testing it took longer. 

Pre Covid is SO last decade! 

Full ship during Boardamania (12:00) current era. Pretty well sums it up. 

4 hours ago, Acrusa said:

Why would you not print out the Boarding Pass?

We are on board Riviera now - boarded Miami - Terminal J - smooth and quick - 40 minutes from baggage drop to standing on the ship. Categories called for the time slot. Only hold ups were people who did not have documentation - they were sat aside.

Get someone to help u be ready - paper

- Oceania boarding pass by filling out 72hr ahead (this referred to everything you need)

- passport

- vaccination records - yes just in case you need them them - why not?

- credit card

Pick your time

Be there

Be prepared

BTW we chose first boarding time and it was after a transatlantic.

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

Whether you check in online or at the terminal you still have to wait in a line to see a clerk to get your boarding card

Misinformation again Susie.

‘Checking in online gets you your boarding pass. Your boarding pass and credit card and picture taken gets you your World Card from the Oceania rep preboarding - World Card - the card you need for everything on board.

Sheesh.

56 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Why would you not print out the Boarding Pass?

We are on board Riviera now - boarded Miami - Terminal J - smooth and quick - 40 minutes from baggage drop to standing on the ship. Categories called for the time slot. Only hold ups were people who did not have documentation - they were sat aside.

Get someone to help u be ready - paper

- Oceania boarding pass by filling out 72hr ahead (this referred to everything you need)

- passport

- vaccination records - yes just in case you need them them - why not?

- credit card

Pick your time

Be there

Be prepared

BTW we chose first boarding time and it was after a transatlantic.

Yes I see but that was before Covid-19 ended so it should be faster.

Like in 2019

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Misinformation again Susie.

‘Checking in online gets you your boarding pass. Your boarding pass and credit card and picture taken gets you your World Card from the Oceania rep preboarding - World Card - the card you need for everything on board.

Sheesh.

Yes, but you still have to wait in the line to get to a check in clerk to have the World Card handed to you. So even if you have a boarding pass printed, your credit card info entered and your picture taken, you have to wait your turn in a line. The day I checked in it took an hour and a half to get to the check in clerk from the time I got in the line at 12:00, my check in time. If you are in a suite you probably get to stroll to the front of the line or have a separate line.  As I was in an outside cabin, my line was for general boarding and was very long and disorganized.

54 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

Does anyone know what happens if you are late for your check in time?

Mia

I am not aware of anyone that has been held to their check in time. Early or late doesn't seem to matter as long as the check-in desks are open.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

Mia

as long as you are onboard  90 mins before sailing  

You will be OK 

I would plan to be there 2 hr prior to sailing time  at the latest  on embarkation day

10 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

Mia

For some reason, Oceania wants you to specify a "terminal arrival time". Given that situations are somewhat fluid when you are preparing to go to the port, I find an exact time eg. 2pm somewhat worrisome when they ask you to contact them or port representative if there is any deviation from that time. I know I am overthink this, but...

Mia

There are a few ports or cruise line terminals that won’t allow entrance until one’s assigned boarding time as designated on their boarding documents. In practice, there are very few of these. 

I have never found requesting a 14:00-15:00 boarding time to be problematic at all. After an enjoyable lunch of local cuisine, we arrive to find virtually no check in line and our cabin ready for occupancy. 

Was in line for Sirena on 11/18/2022 at a bit after 1100. We were on board her before 1145. Line was pretty fast. Dropped some of my stuff off in my B2 Veranda cabin then. Room was technically ready later that afternoon, but she was good to go then, all done & ready.

I won't soon forget the laugh we had at the counter when the employee next to ours, who must've been following the checklist to the letter, asked an obviously 80+ year old woman, "Are you 24 of more weeks pregnant?" She laughed, we laughed, and our O EE at the counter laughed, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1