Hotels in Reykjavik

Carnevale

10 hours ago, Carnevale said:

We need a hotel in Reykjavik for two nights before our cruise in July.  If anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate them.

There are a few owned by Iceland Airline. When we did a land trip, we used one of them. (Sorry, I can't remember the exact name.) It was fine and one thing did stand out. When we were late back from an afternoon excursion and had to be someplace soon to meet another excursion, they went out of their way to make sure their restaurant served us quickly.

• Thanks 1

Anything in the 101 postal code is convenient to walking around downtown.  We've stayed at the Reykjavik Residence Hotel twice and quite like it.  It's just off the main drag (so quieter on a weekend) but very close to everything.  They have a breakfast basket you can have delivered to your room that is enough for a hearty breakfast plus light lunch.

IcelandAir owns the Natura and the Marina hotels.  I've not stayed in either, though walked past the Marina.  It felt a bit out of the way for me, but is right next to the water. NOT the cruise ship port though.  It is near a smaller fishing port.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ljandgb said:

Anything in the 101 postal code is convenient to walking around downtown.  We've stayed at the Reykjavik Residence Hotel twice and quite like it.  It's just off the main drag (so quieter on a weekend) but very close to everything.  They have a breakfast basket you can have delivered to your room that is enough for a hearty breakfast plus light lunch.

IcelandAir owns the Natura and the Marina hotels.  I've not stayed in either, though walked past the Marina.  It felt a bit out of the way for me, but is right next to the water. NOT the cruise ship port though.  It is near a smaller fishing port.

I believe it was the Natura where we stayed. You had to take a bus to get to the downtown area, but it ran often and downtown was fairly close.

• Thanks 1

We stayed at the "Skuggi Hotel by Keahotels" on Hvervisgata. It is walking distance to downtown, Hallgrimmskirka, and waterfront. The airport bus requires a transfer at the bus terminal to mini-buses for the city proper. The mini-bus stop (I think it was the Green Route) from the bus terminal is just around the corner on Snorrabraut. We were able to check-in at 9:30 am local time after an overnite flight.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for all of the recommendations!  It was so helpful to have this input.  We were amazed at how many hotel options there are in Reykjavik in what we think is the main downtown area.  We ended up liking the options that the Center Hotels have (they have several properties in the main area).  We have booked the Center Hotel Laugavegur and are looking forward to spending our pre-cruise time there.

Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

Many thanks for all of the recommendations!  It was so helpful to have this input.  We were amazed at how many hotel options there are in Reykjavik in what we think is the main downtown area.  We ended up liking the options that the Center Hotels have (they have several properties in the main area).  We have booked the Center Hotel Laugavegur and are looking forward to spending our pre-cruise time there.

Thanks again!

Enjoy Iceland. It's a wonderful place. And now that you have your hotel picked out, that is one less thing on your to do list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 2:16 PM, Carnevale said:

Thanks again!

We stayed at the Center Hotel Plaza. It was an excellent hotel and great location. We could walk to everything in downtown area easily.

• Thanks 1