Tipping after tours in France & Spain

Okay, I appreciate the folks who helped me settle tipping guides for car service we will be using in Southampton, UK.

Maybe  you can also help me with half day tours through Oceania while in France and Spain this coming June.

What does a couple leave the driver and tour guide If anything?  Am trying to calculate the Euro and Pound Sterling we will bring along.

Thank you again!

Back from Spain last month. We normally tipped the bus driver 1Euro each and the guide up to 5 Euros each depending upon how good they were. One of the guides was exceptionally good and we gave her 20 Euros total.

That was on the larger bus tours. On smaller private tours we gave the guide/driver considerably more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Back from Spain last month. We normally tipped the bus driver 1Euro each and the guide up to 5 Euros each depending upon how good they were. One of the guides was exceptionally good and we gave her 20 Euros total.

That was on the larger bus tours. On smaller private tours we gave the guide/driver considerably more.

Agree.

I probably tip the same. About $20 a tour for a couple. Euro has parity with the dollar at moment..

I ski a lot in France and we often get a guide for off-piste skiing. Usual guy is adamant that the French do not tip as their salary covers living costs etc unlike in USA. Thus no tips in mountain restaurants etc. Oddly we paid for his meals and tipped him at the end of the week.

In the UK I only tip waitresses, hairdressers and taxi drivers.  Never baristas, bar men etc.  Noticed in Miami last week that service at 20% was included on all restaurant meals and then they asked for a tip on top….

• Like 1