Question about land activities

Naveron

So we are FINALLY going to be embarking on our first SeaDream cruise January 7 2023 St Thomas to St . We are so excited.  I have a question about services on board. If you are not interested in doing one of the official  SeaDream excursions, is there a concierge to help with other arrangements or are we on our own for planning land fun? Thanks

Hi, Naveron.  We will be on that cruise with you.  Welcome aboard.  We have had the concierge make private arrangements for us, but I think it largely depends upon where we will be.  Gustavia might be a place where it can be done, since they go there regularly.  One word of caution about making your own plans.  Don't put down any non-refundable deposits.  The seas can be dicey that time of year, and it is not out of the ordinary to miss a port if it is too dangerous to get on and off the tender.  We had one year when the harbor at Gustavia was closed and all the yachts had to leave.

• Like 2

We have taken 12 SD cruises, all in the Caribbean.  SD's excursions are very well organized and safe.  That being said, we have often just gotten off the boat and there are plenty of taxi's and/or tour companies that will be there to offer their services.  We've done this often and never had a problem (Kinda felt like your own private tour.).   

• Like 1

Fly in early and stay on St John (yes I am biased LOL) - best beaches and more laid back than St Thomas and make sure you have a painkiller at Gertrudes on Jost (much better than Soggy Dollar as it is "pour your own" and use a great rum)

Great advice from you all! It sounds like “playing it by ear” will be the way to go especially if there are last minute itinerary changes due to weather. I believe Saba is another port where the sea can be tricky.  Not so long now!