internet package cost

dondresslar

3 hours ago, dondresslar said:

What does the internet package on Princess ships cost for 1 device and for 2 devices.

On my upcoming 7 day cruise on Discovery, when I go into the APP, it gives me the option for 1 device at a price of $69.93 or multi devices plan up to 4 for $139.93, if you are platinum or higher in the Princess Loyalty program you will receive a 50% discount. So having the 4 device plan, you would be able to share with anyone, they do not need to be booked in your cabin. This means you can have a maximum of 4 devices logged into the internet at a time. You can switch between devices, so one person can switch between their phone or tablet. With the one device plan, many people can share, you are limited to one device active at a time so say you are logged in and your friend whom you have given your login credentials decides to login. It will say the plan is active on another device and do you want to log off that device and active this one? 

4 hours ago, dondresslar said:

What does the internet package on Princess ships cost for 1 device and for 2 devices.

PRE-CRUISE

1-device = $10/day

4-devices = $20/day

ON-BOARD

1-device = $15/day

4-devices = $25/day

ON-BOARD

1-device for a single day is $20.

If you qualify with Captain's Circle Member Level Platinum or Elite, all prices above are 50% less.

No matter how many devices you have signed up for, you can actually use more, but not at the same time.  You need to logout of one and into the next one if the active devices list is full.  You can also login to a new device and boot the other device off.

You asked about two devices.  You would simply purchase the 4-device package as it costs same as two single-device packages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, wallyj said:

On my upcoming 7 day cruise on Discovery, when I go into the APP, it gives me the option for 1 device at a price of $69.93 or multi devices plan up to 4 for $139.93, if you are platinum or higher in the Princess Loyalty program you will receive a 50% discount. So having the 4 device plan, you would be able to share with anyone, they do not need to be booked in your cabin. This means you can have a maximum of 4 devices logged into the internet at a time. You can switch between devices, so one person can switch between their phone or tablet. With the one device plan, many people can share, you are limited to one device active at a time so say you are logged in and your friend whom you have given your login credentials decides to login. It will say the plan is active on another device and do you want to log off that device and active this one? 

I am seeing the same prices for my upcoming 7 day cruise.  I am Platinum so how do I get the discount?  When I go in to pay, it looks like it wants to charge me the full price.  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, mfanderso said:

I am seeing the same prices for my upcoming 7 day cruise.  I am Platinum so how do I get the discount?  When I go in to pay, it looks like it wants to charge me the full price.  Thank you.

I am also platinum, and when I go to pay it shows my 50% discount in the app. It didnt used to show up. I have seen others report both scenarios. Not sure why. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mfanderso said:

Login and tap on your icon at the top left and a pop-out panel appears from the left with a menu.  Your photo/icon will be larger now and there is a Princess SeaWitch colored to match your Captain's Circle Level.  Many people on here have reported over the past year, that they are colored blue (newbie).  This means that the MC App is not recognizing your true member level.  Since this has been on-going for many months, it is clear the IT Team is either ignoring it or is incapable of fixing it.

You can call in for an OCEAN Medallion team member help with MC App and see if they can fix it for you.  Another option is to have your cruise partner sign in and see what they see and maybe they are correctly represented and can order MedallionNet with the discount.

If what I suggested for you is true and they cannot fix it, you will have to pay full price and then get Refundable OBC for the 50% on board.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

I called and talked to the OCEAN Medallion people in the Philippines and they were unable to fix it so filled out a ticket to escalate it.  They said to give it 4-5 days for it to be fixed. I still have time so I guess I will check it again next weekend to see if there is any progress.  I did see on the Captain's Circle Benefits page, it said if purchased pre-cruise, the discount would be received as OBC.  I don't mind it working that way, I just don't want to have to fight for it once on board.  I usually have the package that includes it, but decided against purchasing this time.

1 hour ago, mfanderso said:

I called and talked to the OCEAN Medallion people in the Philippines and they were unable to fix it so filled out a ticket to escalate it.  They said to give it 4-5 days for it to be fixed. I still have time so I guess I will check it again next weekend to see if there is any progress.  I did see on the Captain's Circle Benefits page, it said if purchased pre-cruise, the discount would be received as OBC.  I don't mind it working that way, I just don't want to have to fight for it once on board.  I usually have the package that includes it, but decided against purchasing this time.

Typical of Princess not to update PDF or other details in online docs after things have changed.  Originally, they had no way in the App to sell for less than full cost.  Eventually, they updated MC App to apply 50% discount based on recognizing CC Member Level.  To be accurate, they blew that with some other update and briefly pulled it back before reimplementing the change.

So, it works now.... as long as CC Member Level is correct.  Still the Refindable OBC option also exists.

• 1 month later...

I have been patiently waiting for the app to show my correct status.  I have called multiple times and even emailed.  They all tell me that they can see my correct status even though it isn't shown on the app and not to worry.  Well I sail in a little over a week.  Do I need to purchase the wifi prior to the cruise to get the discount or will it be higher once on board?  I usually have it included in a package so never worried about it on prior cruises.  Also, if I purchase the package for 4 devices, I can share that with my husband can't I?

If it's a big deal for you to get the wifi then I would go ahead and purchase...BUT take along hardcopies/screenshots of any and all documentation you can to prove that you are due the %50 discount.  We hear too many stories about how people have come up short...simply because they could not back it up with documentation.

• Thanks 1