B2B2B Question

carolyn22

This is a good question, especially for non-North American cruise itineraries.

My wife and I are on B13B starting January 2, 2023 in Sydney, AUS.  I know it can be "fun" to check-in on-line for an upcoming vacation,...but not 13 times!  That said, even if such check-in isn't technically required, given the vaccine and negative Covid-19 RAT requirements in the Oceania area of the world, this is something I think we'll look into more closely and report back on here.  Really not wanting to take 26 RAT tests with us to Australia, for example!

If anyone has done B2B in Australia, NZ, Fiji etc recently, let me know how the Covid-19 testing issue has been handled.

8 minutes ago, coldcdn said:

My wife and I are on B13B starting January 2, 2023 in Sydney, AUS.  I know it can be "fun" to check-in on-line for an upcoming vacation,...but not 13 times!  That said, even if such check-in isn't technically required, given the vaccine and negative Covid-19 RAT requirements in the Oceania area of the world, this is something I think we'll look into more closely and report back on here.  Really not wanting to take 26 RAT tests with us to Australia, for example!

If anyone has done B2B in Australia, NZ, Fiji etc recently, let me know how the Covid-19 testing issue has been handled.

I cannot speak to the Southern Hemisphere, but I know that in the Caribbean earlier this year, while C19 testing was a requirement for boarding, we and all other b2b passengers were scheduled for a time to go to queue in a lounge where we were swabbed/tested. Anyone testing positive was either put off or, more often, left aboard the ship until 5+ days had passed and the infected one was shown to be symptom free. 

55 minutes ago, coldcdn said:

We were actually on the Solstice in March, 2020, on what would have been a B2B2B2B,  and left the ship the day that Australian Border Force closed the border.  We have been on Celebrity ships, on only B2Bs,  since the resumption of sailing.  Celebrity has conducted covid tests, at their expense, on consecutive sailings when tests have been required.  I expect that policy is fleet wide and not itinerary specific.

Will you be on the Eclipse?  We plan to board on March 10, 2023 for a B2B2B2B.

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were actually on the Solstice in March, 2020, on what would have been a B2B2B2B,  and left the ship the day that Australian Border Force closed the border.  We have been on Celebrity ships, on only B2Bs,  since the resumption of sailing.  Celebrity has conducted covid tests, at their expense, on consecutive sailings when tests have been required.  I expect that policy is fleet wide and not itinerary specific.

Will you be on the Eclipse?  We plan to board on March 10, 2023 for a B2B2B2B.

We are on the Eclipse.  Board on January 2, 2023 in Sydney and debark on May 21, 2023 in Vancouver.  Kind of a bucket list winter season.

Thanks for the information.  It will be very interesting to see what Celebrity does to meet the Australian, NZ and other south pacific nation rules in the case of B2B cruisers.

We're in stateroom 7143 on your first cruise and 7139 for your remaining cruises.

Brad & Joelle

Possibly we will meet while on board.  We are the Zenith's from Alaska.  We were the first folks who live in Alaska to become Zenith's and, as far as I know, are still the only.  I have yet to post on the Cruise Critic roll calls for these cruises.  There will be some new ports for us, but the bulk will be repeats.

Take care,

Gerry (and her husband Charles)

On 11/29/2022 at 11:38 PM, the penguins said:

I don't see how that is possible. Your room card expires at the end of each cruise so you must have collected a new one i.e. you "checked out and checked in again". Also your account must have been settled each time as each cruise is a totally independent cost center with no carry overs.

I think you misunderstood. 45 days before the first cruise I do on line checkin, register the credit card, pick arrival time etc.  forty-five days before the second cruise I don’t do any of those things.  This is all pre-cruise.

on board I double check to make sure that I am on the back to back list and after the second cruise starts I reregister the credit card if needed.

i never implied that i didnt get a new SeaPass card or that I didn’t settle the first bill at the end of the first cruise

44 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I think you misunderstood. 45 days before the first cruise I do on line checkin, register the credit card, pick arrival time etc.  forty-five days before the second cruise I don’t do any of those things.  This is all pre-cruise.

on board I double check to make sure that I am on the back to back list and after the second cruise starts I reregister the credit card if needed.

i never implied that i didnt get a new SeaPass card or that I didn’t settle the first bill at the end of the first cruise

Sorry if you read your original post that is exactly what you implied albeit perhaps not intentionally as you said you never check in for the subsequent cruises. In reality you do check in for every sector, it's just that you do it on the ship not online (or if you are taking an excursion or leaving the ship independently on your return) but you do check in every time. 

On 11/27/2022 at 6:37 PM, carolyn22 said:

I’m on B2B2B cruises on the Equinox in a few months, and I was wondering how online checkin works. I know I need to do the checkin online for the first cruise, but I was wondering if I also need to do it for the second and third cruise. 

No you do not need to do the online check in for cruise 2&3

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club regarding the requirement for guests to provide proof of a negative RAT for Covid-19 on B2Bs, B3Bs etc.  I was told you had to provide that proof for the first cruise only, and each subsequent cruise Celebrity will take care of all the required testing.  

Similarly, you only technically have to check-in for the first cruise using their app, as you can do the remainder while on-board.  This makes sense as your "arrival time" on the app isn't as important since you'll already be on the ship.