What is purpose of health assessment?

zhuangcorp

5 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

How does HAL use the health assessment? I think they ask questions about runny noses and coughs and such. So if you had a cough or something 10 days before the cruise, what does HAL do with that information? Do they block you from boarding the ship?

The health assessment is one question.  I don't remember it exactly but something like - have you been around someone who has had COVID in the last 10 days and/or do you have any COVID like symptoms?  Answer Yes or No.  Personally, I tested every other day before I sailed just to make sure that my No answer was legit.

Edited by Nickelpenny
addition
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

How does HAL use the health assessment?

I don’t know … but my health assessment at the beginning of November had only one question.    It asked something like, “Have you had Covid in the last 7 days?”  

Ditto to @0106  I had the same question - just one - but I took tests with me and tested after the plane, before I boarded as well as when I got home.  Tested on the ship when I didn’t feel great but I was sure it was due to my pounding foot - but to be safe for others, tested.  All negative

For those that do want to test to protect others - remember to pack them in your carry on.  The tests can’t take the temps in the baggage hold.  The minimal  liquid in them is exempt from the baggie rule and covid tests are permitted in your carry on - at least in Canada and I would like to think the U.S. is the same.

• Like 1

Last month for me...The health assessment on the website before printing boarding passes was more than 1 question. It was similar questions to the old health assessment pre Covid. If you answer yes, they will probably require test at Port, just my guess, depending on itinerary. The health questionnaire at the port upon embarkment (on the check in tablet) was 1 question. 

My husband accidentally hit the wrong button on the health assessment, then promptly called HAL. We stressed about it for days and then when we went to board, we were literally not asked one question about health. It all worked out fine, but seems pretty useless.