Dawn 2 bdrm, 2 bath family suite question

jenjens1023

To me? Absolutely not. The room is very small. Very small. The bed in the second bedroom isn't really a bed; it's more like a hard small sofa that folds down. I stayed in this room a few times by myself, and it was ok after I had the room steward put egg crates on the sofa. I don't remember if the room had a fold down bunk from the ceiling, but I know it did when I stayed in this room on the Pearl.

I think it would be more comfortable to have someone on the couch in the living room than trying to put two adults in that walk-in closet they call a second bedroom. Good for children, horrible for adults.

There are 3 TVs in the suite; one in each bedroom and one in the living room. Two bathrooms, which is nice.

We have stayed in the 2 BR suites on Dawn several times and didn't have an issue. They did need an egg crate on the sofa bed though. These cabins were perfect for us over the years but now wonder if the upper bunk will be OK for our 13 yr. old grandson in April on the Pearl? Any idea if he can still sleep here as he has in the past? This room is only for sleeping and showers.

Thanks

• Like 1

It's fine for one person who doesn't have mobility issues (in some cabins the bed ends up really quite low to the ground which can be problematic for some people to get up easily). If the second person wants to sleep on the pulldown bed, I suppose it's do-able, but at that point you're camping (other than the Haven benefits). The primary bedroom is so nice any couple in the second room will definitely feel the step down. For one person it's more a sanctuary. 

It does get amazingly dark in there, so good for sleeping.

13 hours ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

It's fine for one person who doesn't have mobility issues (in some cabins the bed ends up really quite low to the ground which can be problematic for some people to get up easily). If the second person wants to sleep on the pulldown bed, I suppose it's do-able, but at that point you're camping (other than the Haven benefits). The primary bedroom is so nice any couple in the second room will definitely feel the step down. For one person it's more a sanctuary. 

It does get amazingly dark in there, so good for sleeping.

They are on the Dawn, no Haven.