Booking on hold. Why can't I used FCD?

dickinson

I put two cruises on hold yesterday.  Today I went to use my FCD to actually book it and it is not an option!  Only credit card, PayPal, or gift card.  I can't cancel the hold and rebook because prices went up a lot from yesterday plus one of them I had one cabin to choose from.  Now everything is a guarantee!  Any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I should have mentioned that I called Princess and instead of waiting on hold they will call me back once it is my turn.  I don't know how long I'll have to hold.

Good luck with that... I called 2 days ago and still have not been called back!

11 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

Good luck with that... I called 2 days ago and still have not been called back!

Oy!  Terrible.  I guess if they don't call within the next 35 minutes I'll join dh to get my grandson from the bus and call Princess again later.

While there is an option to use FCD on the original booking page, if you place a cruise on hold, there is not a choice to apply an FCD on the payment page.  To use an FCD you need to call in or chat and ask them to apply it to the cruise.

When making a new booking you can "usually" check a box to use your Future Cruise Deposit. However, if you put a cruise on Hold that option is never (as far as I have been able to tell) available when you go to finalize the cruise that was on Hold. I've always had to contact Princess or have my TA do it for me. Just one of the idiotic programming "features" from the Princess IT team.

44 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When making a new booking you can "usually" check a box to use your Future Cruise Deposit. However, if you put a cruise on Hold that option is never (as far as I have been able to tell) available when you go to finalize the cruise that was on Hold. I've always had to contact Princess or have my TA do it for me. Just one of the idiotic programming "features" from the Princess IT team.

My TA told me she couldn't touch it while on hold.  I didn't know this or I would have just booked it.  I looked again and finally saw the chat button.  "April" took care of it for me. 

Thanks.

• Like 3