When Are Chef's Table Menus Available

donaldsc

19 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Will the menus for the Chef's Table dinners on our cruise be available before we board.  If not will they be available on embarkation day?

DON

As to first question—not too likely—but you can always keep checking MVJ because they were sometimes available in advance pre-Covid. As to 2nd—they should be—but depending on the length of your cruise and any supply chain issues—even the chef—they might change during the cruise as a couple of people have reported here.

Thanks.  I logged onto the Viking site today at 8:00 PM (seems a strange time to make Viking restaurant reservations) and got a message for both Chef's Table and Manfredi's and I got a "can't make reservations at this time" message.  Now I get a "We're sorry, but our site is currently undergoing maintenance" message.  I guess that the site crashed.

DON

Just an fyi, the menus for all venues should also be available when you board…or at least they were in the before times.  We have some favorites in each location so we usually don’t bother making reservations until we can see everything so we don’t miss any of these favorites. 

You may want to look at this thread to see all the possible Chef’s Table Menus:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2861105-21-chef’s-table-menus/

And if you haven’t discovered it yet, you might want to review this thread, lots of great info and advice on how to make the most of your first Viking cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2416372-tips-for-new-viking-ocean-cruisers/page/62/#comment-62141739