Large Party for Dinner

Hi! We're a group of 11, all with UDP, sailing on Oasis in January.  We'd love to plan a large group dinner at Giovanni's one night. Our reservations are linked.  Does anyone know if we'd be able to get a reservation for the group in advance or does it have to be made on board. I'm also Diamond +, and though maybe if I could get the email of the concierge for Oasis before we sail, they might be able to set something up..  Has anyone ever done anything like that before? Thanks!

2 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

i am aware of that. but with the large group, i wasn't sure if there were 

exceptions

If you are in a Grand Suite or above, the concierge could assist.  Otherwise, no.  The same rules apply to you as to everyone else with the UDP.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you are in a Grand Suite or above, the concierge could assist.  Otherwise, no.  The same rules apply to you as to everyone else with the UDP.

i wasn't trying to break the rules. even if we "bought" dinner for the group to make the reservation in advance (and returned it on the ship), you are limited to a reservation of 10. we have 11 people. with such a large group, i'm just trying to ensure we can make it happen. it's for one person's 50th birthday.

2 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

i wasn't trying to break the rules. even if we "bought" dinner for the group to make the reservation in advance (and returned it on the ship), you are limited to a reservation of 10. we have 11 people. with such a large group, i'm just trying to ensure we can make it happen. it's for one person's 50th birthday.

We were oh Quantum a few weeks ago. There was a very large group of Officers having dinner in Chops. They were seated in the seats that line the wall, couch like seating on one side and chairs on the other. I didn't count but I would guess 12 - 14.  Chop's on Oasis has a lot of rectangular tables outside also. I would think the DL host could make it happen.  

• Like 1