Multi-entry Visa for Vietnam

peggy49

Oceania has told us that we need a multi-entry Visa for an overland trip we are doing to Angkor Wat. We will be leaving tbe ship in Vietnam, traveling into Cambodia, and then returning to Vietnam to rejoin the ship. Has anyone gotten a multi-entry Vietnam visa recently? Where did you get it? Any special things to be aware of?

4 hours ago, peggy49 said:

Oceania has told us that we need a multi-entry Visa for an overland trip we are doing to Angkor Wat. We will be leaving tbe ship in Vietnam, traveling into Cambodia, and then returning to Vietnam to rejoin the ship. Has anyone gotten a multi-entry Vietnam visa recently? Where did you get it? Any special things to be aware of?

We recently went down this road for a trip we depart on next week. We'll spend some time in northern Vietnam, and then go to Cambodia, and join a river cruise that will later sail into Vietnam, which required a multi-entry Visa for Vietnam. Post-Covid, these are very difficult to acquire, but can be acquired for a very high cost. There are some threads over on the River Cruise boards. After researching, our solution was to apply to 2 different Single Entry e-Visas. 

4 hours ago, terry&mike said:

We recently went down this road for a trip we depart on next week. We'll spend some time in northern Vietnam, and then go to Cambodia, and join a river cruise that will later sail into Vietnam, which required a multi-entry Visa for Vietnam. Post-Covid, these are very difficult to acquire, but can be acquired for a very high cost. There are some threads over on the River Cruise boards. After researching, our solution was to apply to 2 different Single Entry e-Visas. 

Thank you for the information. I too thought about using two single entry VISAs, but I am concerned that it will only be two days between when we leave Vietnam and when we return to Vietnam, which might raise a red flag with the Vietnamese authorities. Did you apply for the two single entry VISAs at the same time,? Did you use the first eVisa before applying for the second? Thank you for such helpful advice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, peggy49 said:

Thank you for the information. I too thought about using two single entry VISAs, but I am concerned that it will only be two days between when we leave Vietnam and when we return to Vietnam, which might raise a red flag with the Vietnamese authorities. Did you apply for the two single entry VISAs at the same time,? Did you use the first eVisa before applying for the second? Thank you for such helpful advice.

In post #3 of this thread (just before your last post) you can click through and read details in another thread; on my September 6 post on that thread it gives a step by step as to what I did. I have about 8 days between exiting Vietnam and entering again. I have seen posts over on another popular travel chat site for land based trips of people being successful in this scheme, so we are feeling like it will work.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently doing a post under River Cruises on our Asia trip. Our trip will involve entering Vietnam on 2 different dates. If anyone wants to read, it’s titled Scenic Mekong Review, December 31, 2022 - January 10, 2023.

Edited by terry&mike
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this under my live review of Scenic Mekong, but thought it might be of interest on this thread as well - 

Follow up on the Vietnam visa situation. Many itineraries, whether on your own or booked as a package through the cruise line, require you to enter Vietnam multiple times (rather than single entry). For example, we started in Hanoi, then on to HaLong Bay, then Hoi An, before we flew to Cambodia to start with Scenic. We then entered Vietnam again yesterday afternoon, by river. 

Currently, Vietnam is not issuing multi-entry visas to individuals. They can be had by working through a local visa service company or travel operator but are veryexpensive and require purchasing services through those companies. There are some other threads on this on this board, and on the Asia board. 

After some research, we decided to go with the option of purchasing 2 Single Entry Vietnam eVisas for each of us, 1 for each of the 2 different entry dates,purchased online, in advance, simply and easily, for $25 each; a total of $100. 

For Cambodia, we purchased a Single Entry eVisa, online, easily at $36 each. We could use this option as we were entering Cambodia through an airport, and then sailing south towards Vietnam. I believe if you are entering Cambodia via the river (sailing north from Vietnam) this eVisa is not an option. 

We are both from the United States, so that may also make a difference. 

Angkor Wat is well worth seeing, no matter how you do it.  I don’t know what you decided, but if you have time, you may want to consider spending two or three days at a nice hotel in Siem Reap and spending a day relaxing and two days touring.  It was the the best decision I made when we did our Southeast Asia cruise.  We left from Singapore.  Flights were cheap and so were good hotels and nice restaurants in the city.  If you decide you just want the one-day tour, that’s fine too, but there is so much to see there.

A895D58F-8A95-411C-8AE0-0BA38DB3C264.jpeg

5FD5E2B8-94B4-4A21-9CA4-3AFCC3C017C4.jpeg

D9781B20-AD3A-4EE6-A6F7-AB001BE9A6CF.jpeg

AE7F5589-1A35-489F-8927-129A549B0749.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 4:56 PM, terry&mike said:

I posted this under my live review of Scenic Mekong, but thought it might be of interest on this thread as well - 

Follow up on the Vietnam visa situation. Many itineraries, whether on your own or booked as a package through the cruise line, require you to enter Vietnam multiple times (rather than single entry). For example, we started in Hanoi, then on to HaLong Bay, then Hoi An, before we flew to Cambodia to start with Scenic. We then entered Vietnam again yesterday afternoon, by river. 

Currently, Vietnam is not issuing multi-entry visas to individuals. They can be had by working through a local visa service company or travel operator but are veryexpensive and require purchasing services through those companies. There are some other threads on this on this board, and on the Asia board. 

After some research, we decided to go with the option of purchasing 2 Single Entry Vietnam eVisas for each of us, 1 for each of the 2 different entry dates,purchased online, in advance, simply and easily, for $25 each; a total of $100. 

For Cambodia, we purchased a Single Entry eVisa, online, easily at $36 each. We could use this option as we were entering Cambodia through an airport, and then sailing south towards Vietnam. I believe if you are entering Cambodia via the river (sailing north from Vietnam) this eVisa is not an option. 

We are both from the United States, so that may also make a difference. 

Thanks for the update. Do you have a website for where you purchased the Vietnam visa? I've looked online and it seems like there are a lot of websites offering to sell them, and I can't be sure which is the "official" site.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Thanks for the update. Do you have a website for where you purchased the Vietnam visa? I've looked online and it seems like there are a lot of websites offering to sell them, and I can't be sure which is the "official" site.

This is the officlal website: Vietnam evisa - National portal on Immigration

Takes about 3 business days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The web site skurvish posted below is the official one.