Early disembarkation off Sky Princess in Ft Lauderdale in February

philv

Hi Folks, Cruising Sky Princess in February out of Ft Lauderdale. Really crumby flight choices from our location and looking at return on 10:25 am flight after disembarkation. Itinerary says arrival time Ft Lauderdale is 6:00 am. Anyone have recent experience regarding early disembarkation time?

Just to point out...if you were to book via EZAir that 10:25 flight *probably* does not meet their requirements.  I have made it before but you really have to be quick about getting off the ship (self-disembarkation), getting a taxi (Uber, Lyft?) and hope that there are no traffic issues.  The airport is relatively close by...but all the planets and stars need to align properly or you're going to really be stressing out over making that flight.  We usually go for the 1:00 flight (Delta)

The airport is less than 15 minutes from Port Everglades. Traffic in that area no matter what day of the week should not be too heavy as their are no office buildings near the port or the airport. If its a Saturday or Sunday should be no traffic. I am leaving on a flight to LA on the 18th that leaves at 7;30 am which is a Friday and I am not even leaving my home in Pompano Beach which is basically Ft. Lauderdale until 5;30 am

We flew home from Ft Lauderdale on Nov 29th, when we got off of the Enchanted.  We had a 10:45am flight, which was actually booked thru Princess EZ Air, surprisingly.   We did the walk off, which was super easy.  We didn't even rush down at 7.  We walked off around 7:30, grabbed a cab and was at the airport in a few minutes.  I wouldn't be wary of a 10:25 am flight.  

• Like 1

Just got off the Sky yesterday. We always do walk-off and carry our own luggage.  We left the stateroom around 0600, stopped by guest services for the final bill and walked off in just a few minutes.  Called an Uber from the curbside and it arrived in 5-7 minutes.  Got to the airport in just a few more minutes, walked right through TSA which had no line at all.  Got to the gate at 0710.
We were booked on a 12:04 departure and were able to get moved to the 0815 flight instead.  Got home 7 hours earlier than planned.

i would not recommend this, but it sure worked out for us.

Philv,

We are on the same sailing!   I just want to point out that there will be 6 ships disembarking  on March 4.    From what I understand a 10:25 flight is possible if everything goes as planned.   But do you really want that stress?