Question about Check-In

Ideb

We recently had to renew our passports. My husband and I have received our new ones. We are still waiting on my son's passport. I have checked my husband and I in but I have been waiting to check in my son. If I go ahead and check him in and say he will be using a birth certificate and photo ID, can I go back into the website and change it and upload his passport info if it arrives in time?

2 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, I did that exact same thing on a recent cruise.  My new passport arrived in the mail LITERALLY as I was putting our suitcases into the trunk of the car.  

So if I go in and change his document to a passport, would he get a different set sail card? Would I need to reprint everything or would it all stay the same?

54 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Edit his information in the computer, yes.  

But you don't need to reprint his Set Sail Pass.  He's already assigned a bar code; the bar code just connects him to his computer information.  

Okay, that's what I was hoping. If I were going to have to reprint everything, then I would just wait a little longer to check him in and hope the passport comes in but I'd really just like to get all our check-ins completed.

11 hours ago, Ideb said:

We recently had to renew our passports. My husband and I have received our new ones. We are still waiting on my son's passport. I have checked my husband and I in but I have been waiting to check in my son. If I go ahead and check him in and say he will be using a birth certificate and photo ID, can I go back into the website and change it and upload his passport info if it arrives in time?

Check in and use birth certificate an ID for your son.

Absolutely, no reason to go back in and change it online. Just present his passport when you check in at the pier.

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Check in and use birth certificate an ID for your son.

Absolutely, no reason to go back in and change it online. Just present his passport when you check in at the pier.

I've read online that it can be a little more difficult (maybe not the right word-maybe time consuming) process going through customs at the end of the cruise without the passport. On every other cruise we've been on we have all had passports so I don't know if this is the case or not.

12 minutes ago, Ideb said:

I've read online that it can be a little more difficult (maybe not the right word-maybe time consuming) process going through customs at the end of the cruise without the passport. On every other cruise we've been on we have all had passports so I don't know if this is the case or not.

It can be a little more time consuming without the passport. 
What I meant to convey was, if your sons passport arrives in time, just take it with you, no need to change the online check in documents. 

7 hours ago, Ideb said:

No more... They now have Passport and Birth Certificate lines. WE went thru BC cause we were traveling with our grandson who only had a BC.... Line was just as short as Passport line. Moved thru very quickly...no questions asked.