Grand Africa Cruise Oct 2023

Lexusmom

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much. Just getting back to see what is going on with private tours in each port that others are sharing who will be on cruise Oct. 2023. Can you let me know latest news and about visas and vaccinations needed. Has someone addressed these basics. Hope to join and meet many shipmates.

• 3 months later...

What cell phone carriers do y’all recommend, especially if we’re not on the internet package? I’ve read that T-Mobile may be best for all the countries the GA cruise is visiting. What about those of us on ATT, Verizon, Century Link, etc.? No heavy use expected—just email, FB and maybe some articles or news.

• 4 months later...
On 5/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, bobpiano said:

What cell phone carriers do y’all recommend, especially if we’re not on the internet package? I’ve read that T-Mobile may be best for all the countries the GA cruise is visiting. What about those of us on ATT, Verizon, Century Link, etc.? No heavy use expected—just email, FB and maybe some articles or news.

I use Google Fi.  It works using T-Mobile, Sprint and a couple of other smaller carriers plus the extensive Google network so it works in almost all countries and costs $20 a month basic plus $10 a gig for one person without a roaming fee.  They also have a couple of unlimited plans up to $65 a month but it includes You Tube, 100g storage.  Here's a good explanation of the service:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-project-fi-plans-pricing-explained/

• 3 weeks later...

The 2023 Grand Africa Voyage sails on October 10.  Since only two people have said that they are posting blogs, I am hoping that some of those those onboard might want to share tidbits about their grand voyage here for the rest of us to enjoy.  

Thank you so much.

Bon Voyage!

Barbara

2022 GAV