Apex Cabana question

30 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Correct, no sun loungers.

My wife also pointed this out, however she would much rather have a 'home base' and just find a lounger when she wants sun. Much easier to find 1 lounger rather than 4.   Plus, based on the youtube videos i saw of the cabanas, i dont think they get much sun if any.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 20165 said:

My wife also pointed this out, however she would much rather have a 'home base' and just find a lounger when she wants sun. Much easier to find 1 lounger rather than 4.   Plus, based on the youtube videos i saw of the cabanas, i dont think they get much sun if any.

This is probably TMI but I like to think about these things.  Direct sun to the cabanas is dependent on the direction of travel, time of the year, latitude, and of course the cloud cover for that day.  The highest exposure would be while the ship is heading west in the northern hemisphere during the winter months, and heading east in the summer months while in the southern hemisphere.  The sunlight comes through the back of the cabana (Edge & Apex) or the front (Beyond).

image.png.4dbb1d98aa041dcf22ecbed113e32619.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had a larger cabana on Apex earlier this year. We booked a smaller one originally but as it wasn’t handicap accessible, they moved us to a larger one that was. It was okay. I found it awkward with everyone walking by constantly. The food was good as was the service. We were the only ones there so our server was always there. Always. I think I prefer the cabanas on “S” class ships. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from our 6 night Apex cruise and rented a half cabana on the first sea day. Here's some comments:

-My wife and I loved it!

-Full sun until about 2 PM

-Service was attentive all day

-Magic carpet was not in the way (it was on deck 16 because this was a sea day)

-Reported wind tunnel issues were not experienced

-Food was great

-Pool was close

-There were many people walking by, but we liked the people watching

It was worth the price due to the included 1L bottle of vodka, 6 beers ( didn't have a beverage package), and dedicated space on the busy pool deck on the sea day. Also, worthwhile on the sea day as the magic carpet is on deck 16 those days.

20221219_130039.thumb.jpg.3148806b12338a4c592479c4fdfd2dab.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Just got back from our 6 night Apex cruise and rented a half cabana on the first sea day. Here's some comments:

-My wife and I loved it!

-Full sun until about 2 PM

-Service was attentive all day

-Magic carpet was not in the way (it was on deck 16 because this was a sea day)

-Reported wind tunnel issues were not experienced

-Food was great

-Pool was close

-There were many people walking by, but we liked the people watching

It was worth the price due to the included 1L bottle of vodka, 6 beers ( didn't have a beverage package), and dedicated space on the busy pool deck on the sea day. Also, worthwhile on the sea day as the magic carpet is on deck 16 those days.

20221219_130039.thumb.jpg.3148806b12338a4c592479c4fdfd2dab.jpg

We have a half cabana booked on the Edge in March and also do not have a bev package so is a great deal for us . Thanks for the picture it shows it looking pretty roomy for two people.Do you have a picture of the forward view? 

10 hours ago, Koohiichan said:

Great to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience. DH and I have the 1/2 cabana on 2 of the sea days, January 14-21. My only worry is leftover alcohol as I’m the only drinker. Haha!

Lol, yeah 2 bottles could be quite a bit for 1 person. You could go with the champagne the second sea day?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koohiichan said:

Yes. Getting the champagne is probably the best strategy. I’ve already decided to only bring on 2 bottles of wine. With all this, I should set for the entire cruise.

That's exactly what I did, minus the second cabana day. Have fun!

FYI, I was not able to exchange the bottle of Kettle One for Jameson. Maybe they were short on stock? I confirmed with shoreside on Facebook before the cruise who said they asked the ship directly if that would be okay. Oh well

3 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

That's exactly what I did, minus the second cabana day. Have fun!

FYI, I was not able to exchange the bottle of Kettle One for Jameson. Maybe they were short on stock? I confirmed with shoreside on Facebook before the cruise who said they asked the ship directly if that would be okay. Oh well

Oh, bummer. I was thinking to try that, too. Jameson and coke. I can live with the vodka, as long as I can get some tonic water. In any case, my original motivation for the cabana is not the alcohol so we should we good. It is a treat for my DH.

• 1 month later...