QG mini bar question

tizwiz

2 minutes ago, tizwiz said:

Can anyone tell me how the mini bar works in QG? What choice do you have and is it replenished/restocked every day?

You order two choices off a list of spirits and wines. These tend to get replaced as you finish them, unless you have an unkind butler. In the fridge are cans of beer, coke, and mixers, which are replenished daily. If what you like isn’t on the list (or in the fridge) it is worth asking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never ordered in advance. Always just ordered what we thought up at the time whether or not it was on the list. Always successful.

One time, my younger son came with me, he doesn't drink spirits, so our butler put two dozen beers in the cupboard beside the fridge, and kept them topped up for the two weeks. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Never ordered in advance. Always just ordered what we thought up at the time whether or not it was on the list. Always successful.

One time, my younger son came with me, he doesn't drink spirits, so our butler put two dozen beers in the cupboard beside the fridge, and kept them topped up for the two weeks. 

Ordering in advance has never been available to us but we have also had  Peronis  stacked up on the counter.

Like you, never had a problem with our requests.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, exlondoner said:

You order two choices off a list of spirits and wines. These tend to get replaced as you finish them, unless you have an unkind butler. In the fridge are cans of beer, coke, and mixers, which are replenished daily. If what you like isn’t on the list (or in the fridge) it is worth asking.

Or a grumpy butler.

We asked for more tonic and it was as if she was paying for it personally.

Frightened to ask for more!

On a more serious note, we were impressed by the selection and thoroughly enjoyed the gin.

6 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Or a grumpy butler.

We asked for more tonic and it was as if she was paying for it personally.

Frightened to ask for more!

On a more serious note, we were impressed by the selection and thoroughly enjoyed the gin.

Interestingly, I almost wrote grumpy. 😀 In any case it is inexcusable. Surely, if you have ordered gin, it should be automatic that they stuff the fridge with tonic every day.

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Asked for brandy and was told an emphatic NO so ordered whisky and didn't even get brand of whisky we asked for and had to wait nearly 24hrs for it. Never again.

I wouldn’t necessarily expect it arrive on embarkation day, as they are very busy, but I would expect to get what I asked for.

We hoped so. On our sea day we were lucky enough to be sailing East and had the sun on the balcony all afternoon.

It was perfect bobbing along at 10 kts and sitting on this perfect balcony in our swimsuits was bliss.

I asked for extra tonic and ice. My partner was scared to as she had already been told off for a misdemeanour on the phone. The rant and explanation about how much trouble it was to take tonic to the back of the ship slightly dampened our experience.

Anyhoo…. thread drift!

7 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Strange. We've always received it on embarkation day.

Often it has come before we go to dinner on the first night, but sometimes the next day. I suppose it might depend on whether they have passengers to unpack for.

37 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Strange. We've always received it on embarkation day.

Thought I'd have to attack the Pol whatsit in August,  but luckily, supplies were delivered in time.

Not as quick as previous trips though!

Edited by Victoria2

38 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

We hoped so. On our sea day we were lucky enough to be sailing East and had the sun on the balcony all afternoon.

It was perfect bobbing along at 10 kts and sitting on this perfect balcony in our swimsuits was bliss.

I asked for extra tonic and ice. My partner was scared to as she had already been told off for a misdemeanour on the phone. The rant and explanation about how much trouble it was to take tonic to the back of the ship slightly dampened our experience.

Anyhoo…. thread drift!

Golly. That's awful.  I think words would have been said if that had ever happened to us.

It hasn't by the way.

• Like 1

We don’t drink a lot and just ordered a bottle of vodka which was largely unused. Butler was quick to get beers and loaded me up with a full array of tonics . Elderflower and another variety that I am fond of. Lots. It takes a day to get the beverages ordered and up in quantity.

Water galore.

He even got us zip lock bags. Offered to make up lunches to take ashore. 

• Like 1