I booked I-6127 on the Koningsdam for adult son

PACD_JG

A couple of quick questions - booking through a big box TA gave me a disclaimer about ambulatory rooms.  Deck plans say it isn't.  Is it? (Don't want to take one from somebody who actually needs it).  Also, I'm telling you I selected no upgrades but the confirmation email says any cabin upgrade.  Since I believe I is the highest inside category, I assume they can't upgrade unless it's to a verandah?

57 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

TA gave me a disclaimer about ambulatory rooms.  Deck plans say it isn't.  Is it? (Don't want to take one from somebody who actually needs it).  

That cabin is a "triple" across from a full-handicapped cabin. Not an Ambulatory which would have an indication of a five-pointed star. The big box is wrong. 

You will almost certainly have to deal with the TA to get that booking marked NO UPGRADES.

Yes, you will be moved if it is and if HAL needs the cabin. If they don't, you stay in cabin. Our former TA booked us in a cabin many years ago and ship needed to place other passengers in and moved us to another cabin. I now pick my cabin before calling my big box TA. 

As for upgrade, this could be any upgrade, even outside of your category. We always check that box. Only got upgraded once (was a fee to Neptune so was called before upgrade) which was the only time early cruise years we didn't book a Neptune. Since using big box TA, we haven't been upgraded from lower cabins. I'm thinking it may have something to do with HAL (or cruise lines) relationship with big box TA and/or communication but maybe others that use big box have had different experience with upgrades. 

The Big Box store has a problem with how they are labeling some cabins as accessible  in some areas of the ship.  I personally told a manager their Koningsdam map is not correct, but it stayed the same.  I have chosen do not upgrade with BB bookings in the past.