Accommodation - Moorea (not OWB as too expensive)

Piaa

Might anyone have a recommendation for a nice hotel in Moorea that is not an over water bungalow .. we will be joining Windstar 11 night in September and really don't want to spend $1,400 +/-  per night (even though the experience is probably wonderful) so does anyone have a recommendation for something $400-$600 maybe or cheaper.   We are open to all ideas including renting a car and areas (don't really know the areas as we just booked this spur of the moment) -  we would love to be on a beach (not necessarily on the beach as I don't think it possible in that price range) 

Thank you 

We stayed at Linareva on Moorea.  We also rented a car - from Alberts.  They met us when we got off the ferry and drove us to our car.  The car is not brand new - but drove.  Maybe all of their cars are stick shift?  The owners of Linaeva are very nice.  I think all units have a kitchen - we did some cooking. 

Edited by crilski

22 hours ago, crilski said:

We stayed at Linareva on Moorea.  We also rented a car - from Alberts.  They met us when we got off the ferry and drove us to our car.  The car is not brand new - but drove.  Maybe all of their cars are stick shift?  The owners of Linaeva are very nice.  I think all units have a kitchen - we did some cooking. 

Thank you so much