LAX to San Pedro ride share question

Pearl21

Hi, this is my first post.  I'm planning to catch a cruise from San Pedro, and my flight arrives at LAX at 10:54 am.   Is there any issue getting a Lyft or Uber to the cruise terminal in plenty of time as the ship doesn't leave until 4pm.  

Conversely my return flight from LAX leaves at 11:40 am, as we have just carry-on luggage we hope to disembark as early as possible.  Would there be an issue getting to LAX in time for our flight by ride share?    We can't catch a later flight as there's nothing available, and we don't want to overnight at a hotel.  We also hold Nexus cards so hopefully that will save time at the airport.   Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Just because the ship "doesn't leave until 4pm", doesn't mean you don't need to be onboard well before 4PM. I wouldn't show up at the dock at 3:50PM and expect to be okay.

That said, if you have carry on luggage it should be easy to get to the LAX-it Lot and get an Uber before 12PM and arrive at San Pedro at or around 1PM.

If you walk off and get a cab or Uber, getting to LAX for your return flight should be easy.

38 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

That said, if you have carry on luggage it should be easy to get to the LAX-it Lot and get an Uber before 12PM and arrive at San Pedro at or around 1PM.

If you want to spend a bit more for UberBlack the OP can get picked up curbside and not have to go to LAX-it lot-- worth mentioning in case of mobility issues etc. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pearl21 said:

Edit: Thanks scottca075 and princeton123211 for your information; it is much appreciated.  We have no mobility issues so walking with our carry-on luggage is fine!   Getting to San Pedro around 1PM is definitely what we would like to do, in order to eat lunch and check out the cabin afterwards! 

I found this great link on LAX-it:  https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

Hi, this is my first post.  I'm planning to catch a cruise from San Pedro, and my flight arrives at LAX at 10:54 am.   Is there any issue getting a Lyft or Uber to the cruise terminal in plenty of time as the ship doesn't leave until 4pm.  

Conversely my return flight from LAX leaves at 11:40 am, as we have just carry-on luggage we hope to disembark as early as possible.  Would there be an issue getting to LAX in time for our flight by ride share?    We can't catch a later flight as there's nothing available, and we don't want to overnight at a hotel.  We also hold Nexus cards so hopefully that will save time at the airport.   Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Check the pricing from LAX to San Pedro port with Uber/Lyft. We used a taxi recently and it was $70.00 including tip. As posted above you do this from the LAX-it lot. Easy to catch the free shuttle that goes by each LAX terminal that will take you to this area.

Might I suggest you do a Youtube search on LAX-it and the process from arrival to actually getting into an Uber or Lyft. We did quite a bit of research and have decided on a Black Car service who will pick us up curbside versus waiting for a shuttle bus then waiting for your Uber/Lyft. Seems the LAX-it lot is huge and if it's busy, you may be waiting a while. I think Uberblack or a Black Car service will be the most convenient and get you to the ship quickly without hassle. Just my two cents...

Have a great trip!

Cheers,

Rob