Are Pre Paid Gratuities REFUNDABLE If Cruise is Cancelled?

mikjr

My advice would be to call Princess and ask.  I intend to do this tomorrow, so will post my experience.  I don’t plan to pre purchase  the WIFi, so can’t help you there.  But do plan to look into prepaying  gratuities.  

I did find this the other day. It appears to state that prepayment is non refundable  unless it is part of a package and then subjected to the usual refund policies. But as I said, I intend to confirm this.

Another interesting note in this document is that the pooled funds are distributed to the staff after credit card fees are deducted. Again,  this is my interpretation. 

https://www.princess.com/html/global/disclaimers/crew-appreciation/

5 minutes ago, milolii said:

I did find this the other day. It appears to state that prepayment is non refundable  unless it is part of a package and then subjected to the usual refund policies.

It is refundable. If it wasn't, we would have had dozens of threads complaining about it by now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Prepaid tips are definitely refundable. And, unlike refunds that require human intervention, refunds like these (of prepaid items, taxes and port charges, and the portion of the cruise fare not subject to a cancellation penalty) have been getting done on a timely basis (in our case, credited back to our form of payment in less than two weeks). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1