Parking for a San Francisco cruise

rflarson

We are on the Royal Princess departing San Francisco on Jan 6, 2023.  We will be driving to SF and parking for the 10 day cruise.  We are considering the following options for parking:

1. Park near the terminal - $20/day plus the Bay Bridge toll.  This is the most convenient for sure but I am concerned about the safety of my car.  I have heard that there are random break-ins at the garage.  Does anyone know how safe the garage is?

2. Park at a BART station - $6/weekday + fare in to and out of SF (about $25/pp).  Downside is that we have to schlep our bags with us (we have travelled quite a bit so this is no big deal for us).  I am concerned about the safety of the car for the time we are gone.  We are thinking of parking at the Walnut Creek BART station (would Concord be better?)

3. Park at the airport - Around $13/day + Uber fare to/from the port then take an Uber to the pier ($42/each way)

4. Park at the Ferry terminal at Vallejo and take the Ferry in/out - $50 parking (good for a month) and $16/pp for the ferry ride in and out of the city.  Unfortunately, I can't find anything about whether I can park overnight for the 10 days at the ferry terminal or somewhere else in Vallejo.  Does anyone know how long term parking works at the ferry terminal?

I have not considered the hotel "stay and park" options since I can't stay the night before.

Any other suggestions on the best/cheapest way to park for our cruise?

Park at one of the near to airport lots is what I would do.  $13 per day is a decent rate!

Cars at the BART lots are not safe from vandalism/theft.  I wouldn't trust the Vallejo parking for the same reason, for that length of time.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and have a great cruise!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

17 hours ago, rflarson said:

2. Park at a BART station - $6/weekday + fare in to and out of SF (about $25/pp).  Downside is that we have to schlep our bags with us (we have travelled quite a bit so this is no big deal for us).  I am concerned about the safety of the car for the time we are gone.  We are thinking of parking at the Walnut Creek BART station (would Concord be better?)

We have done this a number of times and we park at the North Berkeley Station and never had an issue. We chose Berkeley because we will spend a day or two in Berkeley pre or post cruise (because we like Berkeley for the obvious reason. Go Bears!). We've never had an issue.

I can't say if Walnut Creek or Concord would be better for sure, but my gut says I'd prefer Walnut Creek.