Best time to book Fly2Fun

Tom.Terrific

13 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Can you upgrade to business through F2F?  It seems like I looked into it before and couldn't so didn't end up booking it. 

Yes. I'm pretty sure the options included business/first class. I was very surprised when I first used it, in that you really choose what flight you want...dates, times, airlines, etc. It's not like other cruise lines where you take whatever flight they surprise you with. But definitely shop around because the discount isn't as significant as those other cruise lines also. For me, the convenience of being able to lock in a price I was comfortable with but being able to delay payment was significant. 

• Like 1

Ok. So I just checked flight availability for 2 cruises I have in November and December of this year. There is a drop down menu for departing and return flight where you can select the class. Right now, only economy is showing in the menu. I don't know if business is already sold out for these or if it was never available. But I do know I have seen the option showing for flights in the past. And yes, you are able to select seats during the booking process.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:19 AM, jsglow said:

We were on that exact cruise this past October and used F2F for the first time.  Flew to Rome 4 days early to explore.  Worked out fine and in my book the exact right application for F2F.  Pack your endurance and enjoy!  We averaged nearly 20,000 steps a day, every day, for 2 weeks.

I'm on the 9/19/23 cruise out of Port of Civitavecchia - can you let me know when they start to let people on the ship as it is a later departure (ours is 7pm) than the normal Caribbean ones I go on.  Thanks..

16 minutes ago, kleibo said:

I'm on the 9/19/23 cruise out of Port of Civitavecchia - can you let me know when they start to let people on the ship as it is a later departure (ours is 7pm) than the normal Caribbean ones I go on.  Thanks..

Assuming things remain the same, initial boarding wasn't particularly different from a typical FLA cruise.  I believe we boarded about 11-12 and were clearly among the early crowd.  People trickled on all afternoon.  We had taken the train down from Rome that morning, had coffee in the local coffee shop, and then walked from the train station to the onshore embarkation coach bus parking lot. It's less than a mile from the train station.  They take you out onto what is a true merchant pier via a dedicated cruise line bus from that embarkation lot.  Here's a well done video of the process although we walked rather than taking the short city bus ride as depicted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Assuming things remain the same, initial boarding wasn't particularly different from a typical FLA cruise.  I believe we boarded about 11-12 and were clearly among the early crowd.  People trickled on all afternoon.  We had taken the train down from Rome that morning, had coffee in the local coffee shop, and then walked from the train station to the onshore embarkation coach bus parking lot. It's less than a mile from the train station.  They take you out onto what is a true merchant pier via a dedicated cruise line bus from that embarkation lot.  Here's a well done video of the process although we walked rather than taking the short city bus ride as depicted.

Thanks so much - very informative

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Thanks for posting!  Now I have a better idea on what to expect coming from Rome to port.  Is there a video that shows train travel from Termini in Rome to port?  TIA!

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thanks for posting!  Now I have a better idea on what to expect coming from Rome to port.  Is there a video that shows train travel from Termini in Rome to port?  TIA!

There are some. A good YouTube search will get you info you need.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 3:03 PM, kleibo said:

On 2/8/2023 at 2:09 PM, kleibo said:

Edited by mithterkev

1 minute ago, mithterkev said:

We are on the same cruise and had the same question. We are arriving at FCO at 8:20AM and were planning to go right to the port. I wasn't sure how long we would have to wait for boarding. I was told they don't start boarding until 1PM. But I am not sure if that is accurate.