NYC terminal parking tips

mtquinn

49 minutes ago, MaggieNY said:

The cruise port has open parking up on top. If you arrive at the port later than other passengers, you could end up on top which would mean snow would be an issue. 

The Manhattan Cruise Terminal has only one level for parking — an open deck up top. Whether you arrive early or late, you will “end up on top.”

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

The Manhattan Cruise Terminal has only one level for parking — an open deck up top. Whether you arrive early or late, you will “end up on top.”

I didn't realize that. I never looked too hard but I thought there was covered parking underneath the open deck on top. Parking at Circle Line wasn't too difficult. My husband pulled up to the port and I got  out with the luggage. I took care of getting it all checked in while he drove down to Circle Line to park the car, then he walked back about 6 blocks. It was worth it to save close to $200.

28 minutes ago, MaggieNY said:

I didn't realize that. I never looked too hard but I thought there was covered parking underneath the open deck on top. Parking at Circle Line wasn't too difficult. My husband pulled up to the port and I got  out with the luggage. I took care of getting it all checked in while he drove down to Circle Line to park the car, then he walked back about 6 blocks. It was worth it to save close to $200.

How much does it cost to park at the circle line? Is it a secured lot? It’s $280 at the pier for the week.

On 12/23/2022 at 2:11 PM, mjkacmom said:

How much does it cost to park at the circle line? Is it a secured lot? It’s $280 at the pier for the week.

I just ran it through SpotHero. The price has increased significantly since the last time we parked there. It's now $270 for the week - pretty close to the pier price. When we sailed in 2016, pier parking was $180/week and we paid $100. 

Out of curiosity, did a lookup for an upcoming 12 nighters out of Pier 88 next month - Pier 83/Circle Line parking will be $400, same as rooftop & secured outdoor parking above Pier 88 at MCT (it's capped or max'd out at $400 for cruises of 10 days and longer).  Parking stalls/lanes above the cruise piers (88, 90 and the seldom used 92) are wide & "spacious" for nearly all oversized, overwidth vehicles including full-size vans, pickup trucks and extended length - little chance of getting dinged & accidentally dented by those parked next to you, or having to squeeze yourself to get out or get into the parking spot.  

For cruises of 5, 6, 7 or 8 days - Circle Line reserved parking might be okay, but that can still be a long & freezing walk in the middle of winter to go back & forth, on a day like today ... 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I believe you drive up to the second floor to drop off your bags with the porters and at the end you can drive up to the third floor to park. Then you take the elevator back down to the second floor to go through security and check in.

I haven't parked there in a few years so if I am outdated in my advice please let me know. 

Security and check in was on the second floor when I sailed in September.

53 minutes ago, jackieodonnell said:

I believe you drive up to the second floor to drop off your bags with the porters and at the end you can drive up to the third floor to park. Then you take the elevator back down to the second floor to go through security and check in.

I haven't parked there in a few years so if I am outdated in my advice please let me know. 

Security and check in was on the second floor when I sailed in September.

Nope, we’ve sailed out of nyc since our first cruise 18 years ago. You will drive up the ramp, dog sniffs, park, take your luggage on the elevator down, drop off with porters, go inside. If you drive up to the porters first, you will need to go around the block and then drive to the 2nd level (this will most likely take a half hour). If you are being dropped off and don’t need parking, you don’t go up the ramp.

• Like 2

Just parked at the MCT on Sunday 6/9. Reserved in advance (generally not necessary, but I’d just had knee surgery 3 weeks prior and was willing to pay the premium for easy access). We arrived around 1pm for a 6pm sail away. Up the ramp, then sniffed through security to the parking area There were still spots, probably 20+ available. Gave 3 bags to the curbside porters with a tip and breezed right into the terminal with no line. Then right onto the ship. The drive up 95 was fairly easy and navigation across the GWB a bit congested but not bad on a Sunday afternoon. 

• Like 1