New IT system imminent.

Riocca

32 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Apparently there is a deal with Royal Caribbean to handle the IT.  No idea what all that contract is but it’s nice to know things are happening. 

I truly hope that isn’t the case! Royal Caribbean has been doing an absolutely rubbish job of handling IT for Azamara for more than a decade. They’re worse than ever since the sale, even though they agreed to handle things through the transition.

26 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I truly hope that isn’t the case! Royal Caribbean has been doing an absolutely rubbish job of handling IT for Azamara for more than a decade. They’re worse than ever since the sale, even though they agreed to handle things through the transition.

They’ve already announced that their IT provider is Versonix Seaware, it’s also mentioned in the press release for the booking system. Possibly they’re using RC to provide onboard internet connectivity as they are introducing Starlink on their ships.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riocca said:

They’ve already announced that their IT provider is Versonix Seaware, it’s also mentioned in the press release for the booking system. Possibly they’re using RC to provide onboard internet connectivity as they are introducing Starlink on their ships.

That’s a relief, then. The Starlink idea could be a good one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

That’s a relief, then. The Starlink idea could be a good one.

We were on the Quest last month.  The hotel director said that Azamara is planning to get Starlink, but he didn't know when. 

15 minutes ago, Twiga said:

We were on the Quest last month.  The hotel director said that Azamara is planning to get Starlink, but he didn't know when. 

Already installed and running on Pursuit and from the previous post due on Journey on the 15th January. It would be nice to know when it’s planned for the other ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riocca said:

Let’s hope that’s right.  Since part of the 24 hours was because of changing servers it could be. 

21 hours ago, Riocca said:

Already installed and running on Pursuit and from the previous post due on Journey on the 15th January. It would be nice to know when it’s planned for the other ships.

Did you use it? If so what did you think? I looked up a review from a test on another cruise line and it suggested it was markedly quicker than existing systems, even that you could quite easily stream.

4 hours ago, federalexpress said:

Did you use it? If so what did you think? I looked up a review from a test on another cruise line and it suggested it was markedly quicker than existing systems, even that you could quite easily stream.

No we’ve not been on Pursuit lately but I was going on Facebook reports from someone on the cruise before the Trans Atlantic crossing when it was being installed. Here’s a picture of the speed test after installation.

E8A6C1D8-5222-4CA4-BC7C-ECA8066AAD5C.thumb.jpeg.06a504e2a6cd9df4e46f37049e7932c6.jpeg

Upload speed apparently did improve later in the cruise, unfortunately I’ve not seen anything from those currently on Pursuit in South America it would be interesting to see how it’s performing there.

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

No we’ve not been on Pursuit lately but I was going on Facebook reports from someone on the cruise before the Trans Atlantic crossing when it was being installed. Here’s a picture of the speed test after installation.

E8A6C1D8-5222-4CA4-BC7C-ECA8066AAD5C.thumb.jpeg.06a504e2a6cd9df4e46f37049e7932c6.jpeg

Upload speed apparently did improve later in the cruise, unfortunately I’ve not seen anything from those currently on Pursuit in South America it would be interesting to see how it’s performing there.

Wow. That's impressive. That download is faster than my fibre optic (which is real, to the door fibre optic)

A tenth of that in S America (where I'll be on Pursuit next month) would be just fine...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

Wow. That's impressive. That download is faster than my fibre optic (which is real, to the door fibre optic)

A tenth of that in S America (where I'll be on Pursuit next month) would be just fine...

Hope you have a great cruise, hopefully you’ll be getting good wi-fi.

21 hours ago, federalexpress said:

I was thinking exactly the same. That download speed is impressive…

Ivi

On 12/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, Riocca said:

Quest follows Journey and Onward will be last.

I think I recall the HD telling me last month that Quest will in April/May.