Regal Mini Suite Question

Oakman

Have not travelled Princess in quite a few years, so I feel like a "novice" cruiser again  with so many changes. Presently holding a Mini Suite (C 427). Is this balcony larger due to the angle, or should I change to a different balcony? Also, they asked if I wanted to WL an upgrade to Club Class. Is this worth it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

18 minutes ago, Oakman said:

Have not travelled Princess in quite a few years, so I feel like a "novice" cruiser again  with so many changes. Presently holding a Mini Suite (C 427). Is this balcony larger due to the angle, or should I change to a different balcony? Also, they asked if I wanted to WL an upgrade to Club Class. Is this worth it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

We booked Club Class on two cruises this year, one on Regal and one on Grand.  We were traveling with others both times.  On the Regal we had 4 couples and they basically reserved a table for us which was nice.  On the Grand travelled with one other couple and had to wait 3 times to be seated.  The maitre 'd did come to get us when the table was ready but still had to wait.  The other advantage is one extra entree each evening which we did order on several occasions.

The 1/2 bottles of wine they put in the room were not good IMO. The priority embarkation was nice but if you are platinum or above you get this anyways.  

IMO if we are traveling with others we would book it, otherwise you can make reservations which we did in November and get seated just as quick.  

Hope this helps with your decision.

Oakman,  Yes, that is a great mini with a slightly larger angled balcony!  You are good.

As you can see  the balcony  on C429 is even a bit larger.

If C409 or C410 happened to be available, I, just for me,  like the fact the balcony on those are forward, and not inside that curve.

About the Club Class.   As you can see, the biggest perk, for most, about Club Class is that you have tables waiting with immediate, or very quick, seating.   they also add one special dish for Club Class to choose from each evening.   So, the dining situation could be much improved.  If that is a big thing for you.

Especially before the new Dine My Way,  anytime dining often came with long waits during the peak supper hours.  So, especailly then, the Club Class was a really nice thing.

Here is what you need to be aware of, about updgrading to Club Class.  Generally, Club Class mini suites are a selection of actual mini suites.  You can see this category on the deck plans.  The mid-ship Club Class Minis are in dark green, on deck 11 and above.  So, if upgrading to Club Class means that they will move you to one of these suites, then you want to know where.  And I might not want to give up that mid-ship location with the larger balcony.

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

We booked Club Class on two cruises this year, one on Regal and one on Grand.  We were traveling with others both times.  On the Regal we had 4 couples and they basically reserved a table for us which was nice.  On the Grand travelled with one other couple and had to wait 3 times to be seated.  The maitre 'd did come to get us when the table was ready but still had to wait.  The other advantage is one extra entree each evening which we did order on several occasions.

The 1/2 bottles of wine they put in the room were not good IMO. The priority embarkation was nice but if you are platinum or above you get this anyways.  

IMO if we are traveling with others we would book it, otherwise you can make reservations which we did in November and get seated just as quick.  

Hope this helps with your decision.

Good information here thanks.

Cheers

• Like 1

we just got off the Regal on a B2B transatlantic. Our CC mini suite had the larger balcony.It was nice but Really didn't use the extra space ....all the other info shared above is in line with my thoughts.

However for us ..... if it is a port intensive cruise.....CC isn't a "must have" . after a LONG tour day ,we opted

for the quick n easy buffet. On the transatlantic portion ? the club class is wonderful!  immediate seating, same  great wait staff every meal, and large table separation  makes it worthwhile for us.