Tender @ Geiranger Norway on Rotterdam

Dancing Shoes

3 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Anyone experience how long this might take?  Want to take a shore excursion that starts at 8:30 am.  The ship arrives at 7.  The HAL excursion is waitlisted. I am thinking this will not be possible. 😞

Are you positive you'll be tendering?  There is a sea walk at Geiranger that allows the pax on one ship to walk ashore (no tender); it's my understanding the first ship to arrive that day that is willing to pay for it will get to use it.  Here's the "cruise calls" page of the port website.  Find your date and ship, and then look in the "Kai" column, which shows your ship's position.  If it shows "SW," that's the sea walk.

https://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls/

41 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Are you positive you'll be tendering?  There is a sea walk at Geiranger that allows the pax on one ship to walk ashore (no tender); it's my understanding the first ship to arrive that day that is willing to pay for it will get to use it.  Here's the "cruise calls" page of the port website.  Find your date and ship, and then look in the "Kai" column, which shows your ship's position.  If it shows "SW," that's the sea walk.

Looks like earliest arrival doesn't always get the sea walk. We're first in on May 25 but we'll be tendering. Mein Schiff looks like they usually get the sea walk.

In June we tendered in Geiranger on a Celebrity cruise.  We were not going on a ship's excursion so got in line to be in an early tender group after the Celebrity excursions (I think we were in the first group after them).  The tendering process was pretty quick and it's just a short walk to to the excursion check-in locations.  I don't remember the exact length of time everything took, but it wasn't more than an hour between the start of the tendering and being checked in for our tour.  We had a wonderful day.  I hope it works out for you.

32 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I read somewhere that cruise lines contributed toward it, and Carnival corp. was not included, so ships from the Carnival family are not offered use of it.  Of course, that may not be current.  EM

We’re on the Rotterdam in July, and the port web site is showing us at the sea walk. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 9:39 PM, Turtles06 said:

Just checked that link for our Nieuw Statendam stop at Geiranger and found that it lists us as being there on July 29th 2023, with our previous port being Eidfjord and our next port being Alesunde. According to our HA itinerary, we're in Alesunde on the 29th and Geiranger on the 30th.

I wonder if this is early warning that our itinerary is being rearranged, or if the port site has the wrong information.