Are masks available on ship?

vegasdriven

13 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

On both legs of our B2B, Regent supplied a packet containing hand sanitized and a VERY high-quality cloth mask. We brought some from home and use them on the bus - several coughers on excursions.

Might be careful about assuming "coughers" = contagious.  Some people have chronic coughs for other non-contageous reasons such as asthma or COPD.  They have enough to deal with and don't need to be made to feel like lepers when they see that sideways glance.  Not saying YOU would do it but I have seen it more than once.

• Like 8

During my last cruise from Spain to France to Ireland we were required to mask in Spain but we no longer needed masks in France.  I began noticing a nasal irritation in France which required many cough drops to keep under control.  Another passenger suggested that I may be reacting to the disinfectant that was used on the buses.  This advice came too late to stop the irritation, but it may cause me to keep a mask to wear on the buses.   

Thanks all. I will pack some. I just always seem to come down with something when travelling, so for a little extra protection when in crowded areas I will mask up.

Kwajgirl- thanks for the reminder that not all coughers are spreaders. Certainly something to keep in mind.