Booking Next Cruise Onboard Ship -- Benefits??

Italy52

8 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I think I read somewhere on CC that booking onboard requires a non-refundable booking?

You can choose either refundable OR non-refundable deposit ($100/pp). We made 2 bookings onboard the Equinox last month and got $600 ship OBC for each booking, one has a sail date in July 2023 and the other is Open Passage which we selected a sale date for May 2024 when the 2024 sailings got released last week.

Does this mean if I'm in a C1 cabin I would pay C2 price?  We're Elite +.

If your sailing is Europe 2023 or later when the new deck plans go into affect.  

The prior C1 (aft) categories have been changed to Sunset Concierge Class (S class) or SV (M Class), these old C1 cabins were excluded from 1 Category Upgrade.

The new C1 category are just regular Concierge cabins in slightly better locations so are included in the 1 category upgrade program.

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The prior C1 (aft) categories have been changed to Sunset Concierge Class (S class) or SV (M Class), these old C1 cabins were excluded from 1 Category Upgrade.

I just booked a sunset concierge cabin on the Equinox in 2024 departing from Rome and I can confirm there is no 1 category upgrade available for this type of cabin.

After you posted the chart this morning I decided the amount of OBC being offered for the type of cabins I was looking at (CC or SS) it wasn't worth waiting since the exact cabin we wanted was available now and we're not sailing for about 90 days.  Ended up getting the last Sunset Concierge Class with the wider balcony.  Figured with only a few sea days, a partially-revolutionized  S class ship, and a price difference of $6,000 between the CC cabin and a sunset SS we could upgrade drinks and wifi, have a few nights of specialty dining and still have almost enough $ left over for a 7 night Caribbean cruise in the Retreat on a non-edge class ship.

The new C1 category are just regular Concierge cabins in slightly better locations so are included in the 1 category upgrade program.

9 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said: