Medallion App Not Loading

Galesa

Hi Folks

Have downloaded the Princess Medallion App for our cruise in February. 

Trying to add information on the App (as directed by the Princess website) and the App will not load. Have installed and re-installed the app and all I get is the rotating circle.

Internet research suggests many people with either i phone or Android phone are suffering the same issues; and have been for some time.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had the same issue and have found a "work around".

I could post this on the Princess specific forum but thought I would ask on the local forum first. 

"Not Loading" is a bit generic and can be affected by type/age of phone, how much memory the phone has available etc. Are you able to get to a login screen?

As suggested, login to the personaliser, and there is a link to a web version of medallion, where most of your details can be added. Good Luck!!

I also had trouble making it work on my android mobile phone before the cruise. I used the web version on my computer to complete all the required information and get the green tick.  Once I had done that, when I logged in on my phone, the updated info and the green tick were there.  To use the web version, I had to log in with a booking code and my surname.

People told me not to worry if the app didn't work on board, because I could just use the smart TV in my room. That is true, up to a point. I could use it to order room service and book excursions.  I also made some dinner reservations on the TV, but when I wanted to change one, it wouldn't co-operate. If I wanted to check my account, it  gave a warning that could only be done on a personal mobile, not on the room TV.

• Like 1

OP perhaps the model of your smartphone is too old to support the App?  It happened to me with my "hand-me-down" iPhone 6. 

Solved when I bought a refurbished 2nd hand iPhone 11 at a very "nice" price.  Ka-ching, all good to go. 

Just saying?

On 12/16/2022 at 12:03 PM, Galesa said:

An update.

So no luck getting into the app with my A52.

I resurrected an older phone (Samsung A32) sitting in the drawer. Loaded the app and away it went. 

I dunno!!:)

Something it didn't like in cached data, memory being hogged by another app.

Lots of possibilities. My wife has a newer phone than me, but it is bloated with other stuff. Mine is quicker.

Edited by arxcards