Princess or Carnival to Hawaii?

Trueblueky

14 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Do you have experience with either? Their product will be the same on a Hawaii as on their other cruises. Princess is known for some of their Hawaiian cultural entertainment

Princess takes five days to sail CA to Hawaii. Carnival takes four.

Princess has three or four ports in Hawaii. Carnival has four or five.

Princess appears to have Hawaiian themed events on sea days.

Anything else?

• 3 weeks later...

Stepping into this one 🙂 

I think that Carnival ship is Miracle and it departure form San Fran and Princess ship is Emerald from LA. I think that Miracle is much smaller ship than Emerald, does it affect a lot if the sea is rough?

Which port is more convenient San Fran or LA? Is there any difference? Being a non-US this is something to figure out for me.

2 hours ago, Elsa Maki said:

Stepping into this one 🙂 

I think that Carnival ship is Miracle and it departure form San Fran and Princess ship is Emerald from LA. I think that Miracle is much smaller ship than Emerald, does it affect a lot if the sea is rough?

Which port is more convenient San Fran or LA? Is there any difference? Being a non-US this is something to figure out for me.

The size of the ship has little to do with how it rides, its the design.

San Francisco port is in the main downtown, about 30 or so minutes from the airport, lots of hotels to choose from, lots of activities in the immediate area, but more expensive. LA Harbor (called San Pedro) is 40 or so minutes, a smallish town area, with a few hotels and activities, far less than SF.

Sailing under the Golden Gate in SF is a special event.

All of these things are commonly discussed on the West Coast Departures board.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 1:33 AM, Elsa Maki said:

Princess departs both from Los Angeles and San Francisco (primarily, but one or to from San Diego) and with three ships, the Royal, Emerald and Crown. It just depends on the time of year. Discovery makes a couple, Sapphire one and Diamond one.

Miracle departs from Long Beach (Los Angeles).

On 1/2/2023 at 1:33 AM, Elsa Maki said:

More convenient is a matter of opinion. Los Angeles (and San Diego) have better weather than San Francisco.

Which I would choose might depend on who was going. If my grandkids were going, they might enjoy Carnival more. Just adults, and older adults, I think I'd choose Princess.