Can't tweak your cocktail?

korky1

I had thought by reading other posts on here that you could tweak your drinks with no problem.  Currently on Majestic Princess and having a drink in the Good Spirits bar.  Ordered a Milky Way which contains Vodka, Kahlua and Baileys.  I asked if I could substitute the Vodka with Grande Marnier.  The reply was that I could but they would have to charge me for THREE drinks on my standard drinks package.   I checked and the cost of a shot of the Vodka used is the same as a shot of Grande Marnier..  Does this make any sense to you???????

1 will try tonight at a different bar and let you know how I go.  It isn't a big deal but I would prefer it with the Grand  Marnier rather than the vodka.    Maybe the bartender is having a bad day.  Poor bloke is on a cruise but certainly not on a holiday.   All staff are very nice.

1 hour ago, korky1 said:

I had thought by reading other posts on here that you could tweak your drinks with no problem.  Currently on Majestic Princess and having a drink in the Good Spirits bar.  Ordered a Milky Way which contains Vodka, Kahlua and Baileys.  I asked if I could substitute the Vodka with Grande Marnier.  The reply was that I could but they would have to charge me for THREE drinks on my standard drinks package.   I checked and the cost of a shot of the Vodka used is the same as a shot of Grande Marnier..  Does this make any sense to you???????

Instead of ordering a Milky Way and modifying it, just order a B52, which is Grand Marnier, Kahlua and Baileys already.. one drink, "problem" solved.

And no, you shouldn't be charged for substitutions, assuming within reason and price ranges. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Instead of ordering a Milky Way and modifying it, just order a B52, which is Grand Marnier, Kahlua and Baileys already.. one drink, "problem" solved.

And no, you shouldn't be charged for substitutions, assuming within reason and price ranges. 

I know this changes it to a B52 but thought I couldn't ask for a B52 as they are not on the drinks menu.  I was trying  to get a B52 by stealth lol.  I will try and ask for a B52 tonight and hope they don't charge me for 3 drinks on my package.

31 minutes ago, korky1 said:

I know this changes it to a B52 but thought I couldn't ask for a B52 as they are not on the drinks menu.  I was trying  to get a B52 by stealth lol.  I will try and ask for a B52 tonight and hope they don't charge me for 3 drinks on my package.

You can order any drink you want as long as bartender knows how to make it.