Msc app needed on board?

fozzy

Which ship? The app can be useful on the newer ships, but you do not have to use it.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/internet-apps/msc-for-me

Every cruise is a special time. And now, MSC for Me, available on all the smart ships in our fleet*, helps each guest enjoy every moment in their own special way. Using digital technology that literally interconnects the guest, the crew and the ship, your time on board is in your hands. Guests will experience a more seamless, connected, carefree holiday, at no extra charge. The easy-to-use interactive touchscreens around the ship, the In-Cabin Smart TV and the app, are all designed to help Guests better relax and enjoy their holiday with family and friends.

*Available for guests travelling on MSC Seascape , MSC World Europa, MSC Seashore, MSC Bellissima, MSC Grandiosa, MSC Meraviglia, MSC Seaside, MSC Seaview and MSC Virtuosa. The MSC for Me program is also available on MSC Splendida and on MSC Magnifica, however it has reduced program features.  Coming soon on MSC Euribia.
The MSC for Me app functionality may vary from ship to ship and across different countries.

2 hours ago, fozzy said:

Thanks. They are on the Meraviglia

I have never used the app on any of the MSC ships I have sailed, recently the Seashore.  I am sailing on the Meraviglia in January and I will not be using the app then either. There are kiosks throughout the ship where they can book shows, look at menus, etc. No need to carry my phone around which will be locked in the safe.

• Like 1

You didn't need it, but there were some nice features. I liked it because the app let me keep track of my account easily on a daily basis and ensure there were no unexpected charges, although it was weird how they handled the service change on my sailing. I was also able to view dining room menus for every day, which was nice. You could see the daily activity schedule and shows, but this was updated daily sometime in the morning before most folks got up for the day, so you couldn't see the next day ahead of time. Some folks on other ships/cruises complained that it wasn't kept updated promptly, but we didn't have that issue.

You can also chat with others in your party. It can be helpful if you need to find out where they’re and plan a meet up time. Of you will always be together then I wouldn’t worry about it for them. 

Edited by mawvkysc

We downloaded their MSC for Me to use on Meraviglia (we did not buy their internet package), it worked about 2 days.  We will be on Seaside next year will not bother with that app again and their screens throughout the ship were a joke because they were so slow.  

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Forgive me but I've decided to high-jack this topic as it was one of the most recent to contain "MSC APP" in its title.

I'm familiar with RCI & Celebrity's APPs, perhaps that's the problem.

With MSC can I only 'Register' and see one booking at a time? I have three MSCs booked including a B2B and can only see one booking - the first of the B2B and the RCI/X option to 'Change Booking' is nowhere to be seen.

Regards,

Cublet

17 hours ago, defbref said:

Unfortunately MSC only allow one booking at a time on the app.

Hello,

Thanks. I'll remove the app (for four days) and reinstall it for the more substantive cruise.

Regards,

Cublet

13 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Thanks. I'll remove the app (for four days) and reinstall it for the more substantive cruise.

Regards,

Cublet

You don't need to remove the app.

There is a logout option in the menu, think it is top right.