Queen Elizabeth back to tier three (currently in Tasmania)

lahore

I really struggle with this. We were gone 14 days and went to high end restaurants in London and then QG for the TA. DH had 2 suits and 1 tux. I can’t imagine doing that myself. Yes, he had several shirts, 2 cummerbunds and several ties. What I would call 3 outfits. If you eliminate 1 suit it saves very little room. I ask myself, “what would I do if I had 1 formal gown (for 2 galas) and then 1 basic outfit to wear for all of the other days?” I am struggling to write this. Dress is important and fun to me, and choice when I dress is important to me. Being limited to 1 suit and even several ties would be difficult for me. Fly and cruise is difficult and I will need to improve.

Looking back this topic has strayed from the original OP. Please excuse and feel free to move or delete.

Edited by techteach
Editorial

15 hours ago, techteach said:

I really struggle with this. We were gone 14 days and went to high end restaurants in London and then QG for the TA. DH had 2 suits and 1 tux. I can’t imagine doing that myself. Yes, he had several shirts, 2 cummerbunds and several ties. What I would call 3 outfits. If you eliminate 1 suit it saves very little room. I ask myself, “what would I do if I had 1 formal gown (for 2 galas) and then 1 basic outfit to wear for all of the other days?” I am struggling to write this. Dress is important and fun to me, and choice when I dress is important to me. Being limited to 1 suit and even several ties would be difficult for me. Fly and cruise is difficult and I will need to improve.

Looking back this topic has strayed from the original OP. Please excuse and feel free to move or delete.

We fly hand luggage only as much as possible so extra clothes become problematic. 

back on topic - as QE is not due back in NSW waters for a few days, she is not listed with a Covid level there at the moment. Will be interesting to see whether she is listed in a week or so. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 7:02 AM, Aussieflyer said:

We fly hand luggage only as much as possible so extra clothes become problematic. 

back on topic - as QE is not due back in NSW waters for a few days, she is not listed with a Covid level there at the moment. Will be interesting to see whether she is listed in a week or so. 

She returned to Sydney as tier 1 on Saturday.

If QE had indeed reached tier 2, all passengers would have received an official letter to cabin advising of elevated covid aboard. I presume no mention of this letter means that the announcements aboard were accurate - a few cases aboard. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AussieVoyager said:

I wonder if I can revive this thread from a few weeks ago, to find out what the latest is on QE in respect of mask wearing, COVID and restrictions?

We disembarked on Saturday (just a 2 night cruise).  Masks were required everywhere 'except when eating and drinking and in your stateroom'.  Most people followed it pretty well; there were some exceptions though.  Many popping masks under chins or removing altogether when on the open decks.  Once people were sat in a dining or drinking venue, it was masks off regardless of whether they were actively eating and drinking.  Absolutely no masks to be seen (on passengers) in the Yacht Club disco late at night.

We were allowed to use our own masks, or the lightweight blue paper type supplied.  I believe the cruise before us had stricter requirements and had to wear the pointy cardboard type.

As an aside, I have developed cold/flu symptoms overnight and will be testing soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

I disembarked QE on Saturday just gone.  Became ill Sunday and tested positive for covid on Monday.  My first case of covid, and I've travelled a lot, including other cruises, in the last year.

I hope you have a lovely cruise, and that you and your companions stay well. 

What a shame. I hope you're not too ill and that you recover quickly.