NCL Show RSVP?

ERNLYN

I thought I read somewhere that Reservations are required to view the live shows onboard (specifically on the POA) unlike Carnival where you just walk into the theater. If so, why rsvp for a show?  Do you make reservation after booking at check-in time, or after getting onboard.

3 hours ago, ERNLYN said:

I thought I read somewhere that Reservations are required to view the live shows onboard (specifically on the POA) unlike Carnival where you just walk into the theater. If so, why rsvp for a show?  Do you make reservation after booking at check-in time, or after getting onboard.

You have to be onboard the ship to make a reservation. Box office, TV's throughout the ship, in-room TV, and probably some other option I'm missing.

15 hours ago, ERNLYN said:

Most cruise lines require you to reserve the featured shows on big ships (not POA). The simple reason is crowd control. On a big NCL ship, the theater holds about 800 people. On a full cruise, you may have over 4500 passengers onboard. So,,, you want to spread out when people show up for a show.

FWIW, NCL will run a featured show 4 times on a 7-night cruise (2 nights, 2 shows each night). That provides 3200 seats for the show. So,,,, like the titanic, there are not seats for all 4500 passengers onboard. So,,, making a reservation ensure that you get to see the show.