Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

21 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Enjoy Christmas in Auckland.  It is a beautiful city, with its harbour and gardens.  

Thank you.

I have been here many times, only once before on a cruise ship. A lot of places will be closed due to Christmas, or fully booked. Just like at home. We might get off for an hour or two. Just for a walk.

I was going to suggest go to MOTAT but it’s shut on Christmas Day. Here are some suggestions for you: https://www.escape.com.au/destinations/new-zealand/doc-holiday-what-can-we-do-in-auckland-at-christmas/news-story/0a185a34aa0d55055b783875c9a14abd

You might be able to hop on the ferry and go across to Devonport which is nice too. 

Edited by spersephone
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, spersephone said:

I was going to suggest go to MOTAT but it’s shut on Christmas Day. Here are some suggestions for you: https://www.escape.com.au/destinations/new-zealand/doc-holiday-what-can-we-do-in-auckland-at-christmas/news-story/0a185a34aa0d55055b783875c9a14abd

You might be able to hop on the ferry and go across to Devonport which is nice too. 

Yes lovely place to walk around, even if everything is shut. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Thank you.

I have been here many times, only once before on a cruise ship. A lot of places will be closed due to Christmas, or fully booked. Just like at home. We might get off for an hour or two. Just for a walk.

Hi, turn right from the port and wander along the harbour front to - brain fade, can't remember name, lol - a pleasant easy walk, some bars may be open on the way, to Silo Park where there's a nice playground to watch the picnicking families having fun. Or turn left and walk along the waterfront as far as energy and stamina allow, the walk is very pleasant, on the way, if you get that far, you'll pass the track to the Savage Memorial for awesome views, or you may even get as far as Mission Bay where again you can delight at the families enjoying Christmas fun 🤶 Enjoy your Christmas 🤗

Got it - Viaduct Basin. I no longer live in Auckland, that and age are my excuses, hehehe

Edited by Jean C
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi, turn right from the port and wander along the harbour front to - brain fade, can't remember name, lol - a pleasant easy walk, some bars may be open on the way, to Silo Park where there's a nice playground to watch the picnicking families having fun. Or turn left and walk along the waterfront as far as energy and stamina allow, the walk is very pleasant, on the way, if you get that far, you'll pass the track to the Savage Memorial for awesome views, or you may even get as far as Mission Bay where again you can delight at the families enjoying Christmas fun 🤶 Enjoy your Christmas 🤗

Got it - Viaduct Basin. I no longer live in Auckland, that and age are my excuses, hehehe

Thanks for the suggestions