Letting Cruise Line Choose Your Cabin?

I am considering at booking an 6 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas for March 2024. If I choose my own balcony room it costs $4500, however if I let cruise line pick my balcony room it is only $3500. I would normally pick my own cabin, as I can get motion sickness (especially in the forward part of the ship), but for $1000 savings wondering if its worth the risk and pray I get a mid or aft cabin. Thoughts? 

22 minutes ago, CanadianCruiseCritic said:

... for $1000 savings wondering if its worth the risk and pray I get a mid or aft cabin. Thoughts? 

You need to be satisfied with the worst cabin they could assign you to go with a "guarantee". 

You might ask on the RCCL board about any change process if you don't like the choice (which will be a long way out).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CanadianCruiseCritic said:

Yes I am fearing it will be the worst rooms left and I am guessing boat will be full as this is peak Spring Break season! I was wondering when we would find out- is it once you pay in full or is it not until a few weeks before you board? 

In general (as per reports on the various boards here), a couple weeks is probably average. But it can happen that you don't know until you get to the dock and the porters check their list and put a number on your luggage tag! Not that I know anyone that had that happen, but it is rumored to, occasionally!

Here is the RCI board; there is a new thread about Guarantee Cabins right near the top!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, CanadianCruiseCritic said:

I am considering at booking an 6 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas for March 2024. If I choose my own balcony room it costs $4500, however if I let cruise line pick my balcony room it is only $3500. I would normally pick my own cabin, as I can get motion sickness (especially in the forward part of the ship), but for $1000 savings wondering if its worth the risk and pray I get a mid or aft cabin. Thoughts? 

I find that every time I book a guaranteed cabin class and let the cruise ship  pick my cabin,   it is always in the  very front of the ship.

The cruise line   might be able to give you something for motion sickness. 

• 2 weeks later...

The other problem with letting the cruise line book your cabin is they will put you in an undesirable location underneath a restaurant or near a housekeeping area that room stewards are constantly accessing and making noise. 

It might be worth it to just pay the extra $1000 or choose another sailing that better suits your budget. 

Jonathan

• 4 months later...