Which of these hotels would you choose?

etravel

So, looking at hotels for a 1 night stay pre-cruise (Royal Carib. Odyssey out of Rome, May 23)...I know that's short stay, but it's all we have time for! So want a really good location as well as mid-priced hotel...The Hotel Nazionelle is coming up with one of the better rates..any experiences with it? The other possibilities with decent rates are Martis Palace, Mozart Hotel, Ponte Sisto, Albergo Santa Chiara. The Albergo Del Senato isn't allowing a one night stay or we probably would have gone with it.  Any thoughts? We will then of course have to get from the hotel to the Port in the morning..I know that's a bit of a haul, so will be looking at transportation options soon also..

The Nazionale is in a more central location for walking to key sites.  The Forum is better located if ancient Rome (Forum, Colosseum, Palatine) are your primary focus.

If you're flying in the day before your cruise you'll only have an afternoon and a few hours the next morning so I would figure out which one or two things you want to see, then pick the best location for accomplishing that.

Euro cruiser..Yes, the Nazionale does look like a very central to the areas we want...We get in at 7:45am that day, but who knows with flights these days...so we were hoping to go to the Vatican that afternoon...I know we will be tired from the flight...and then in the evening hope to just walk around and see Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, etc and have a nice local dinner..in the morning I doubt we will have too much time to see much! 

We stayed pre cruise in this hotel -- Argentina Residenza, along with other cruisers. Very central, 5 min easily walk to the Pantheon. Reasonable rates if booked on hotel's site.

The hotel arranged for us transfer to port -- at the beginning just me & DH (140 Euro private transfer for a couple), and then other roll callers joined us -- 6 pax for 170 Euro.

https://www.argentinastylehotel.com/en/

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We stayed pre cruise in this hotel -- Argentina Residenza, along with other cruisers. Very central, 5 min easily walk to the Pantheon. Reasonable rates if booked on hotel's site.

The hotel arranged for us transfer to port -- at the beginning just me & DH (140 Euro private transfer for a couple), and then other roll callers joined us -- 6 pax for 170 Euro.

https://www.argentinastylehotel.com/en/

We stay at the Argentina Residenza too. Fantastic location. Lovely owner. Nice happy hour. We shared a ride with others from our roll call to the Port. Would stay there again.

• Like 1

We stayed at Hotel Delle Nazioni in October for 8 days prior to our TA cruise. 
It was a fantastic hotel, the location was perfect. Trevi fountain is about 50 yards from the hotel. The hotel offered a good free breakfast. We would definitely stay there again!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, etravel said:
So, looking at hotels for a 1 night stay pre-cruise (Royal Carib. Odyssey out of Rome, May 23)...I know that's short stay, but it's all we have time for! So want a really good location as well as mid-priced hotel...The Hotel Nazionelle is coming up with one of the better rates..any experiences with it? The other possibilities with decent rates are Martis Palace, Mozart Hotel, Ponte Sisto, Albergo Santa Chiara. The Albergo Del Senato isn't allowing a one night stay or we probably would have gone with it.  Any thoughts? We will then of course have to get from the hotel to the Port in the morning..I know that's a bit of a haul, so will be looking at transportation options soon also..

We love the Hotel Mozart!  It's charming and right off the Corso and very near Spanish Steps.