Holiday Enchantment of the Seas - Live 12/23/2022 to 12/30/2022

Rubyfisch

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's not happening - it's usually 6-8 hours in the Bay (Norfolk to Baltimore) and they have a way to go to just get there.

Yeah ... I didn't realize it was 150 nautical miles. I think something is clearly off... But as long as it gets for folks to get off and my sailing to get on, it's all good.

Given the lackluster Rooster coffee yesterday, I grabbed an iced coffee at the Starbucks in Harris Teeter. I felt bad for the woman working there. She was the only one on for the morning coffee rush.

I'm back in the weird couch-chair, and going to so work before figuring out when to head over. I have the Key (controversial, I know), and an 11 am boarding time, but given the ship really did get into port at 2:00 am, I hope I can at least get into the terminal a few minutes early.

Okay - my bags are packed and tagged and I'm ready to go (note, I'm not giving the Yeti bag to the porters, but will try to drop it off with the Key drop off):

PXL_20221223_152456201.thumb.jpg.a72d5c316f4794501d9c175cfda5047b.jpg

I am planning on heading down to grab a Lyft in maybe 10 minutes - it's down in the 30s and start to wintery mix, so I'd like to get moving, but also don't want to be too early and have to wait in the snizzle (if you are from New England, you know the joy of waiting outside in snizzle...)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

Yeah ... I didn't realize it was 150 nautical miles. I think something is clearly off... But as long as it gets for folks to get off and my sailing to get on, it's all good.

Ship entered the Bay at the normal time.  

17 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

It apparently arrived at 2:00 am ...

Someone on FB posted that the ship had entered the Bay around 8 pm which is within an hour to an hour and a half of the normal time.  We've cruised in and out of Baltimore about 13 times.   To be in Baltimore by 2 am, the ship would have entered the Bay a lot earlier than 8.  Someone on FB posted that the ship arrived on time this am, so not 2 am.   Anyway, now everyone gets to spend tonight at the pier.  

Edited by BND

So to rewind a bit, I boarded at more or less 11:00 am. First thing I did was drop off my carry on with the Key folks and pick up my Key letter. Then I went to my muster station - well, the doors kind of near where my muster station is as we are all mustering indoors today due to the weather.

I then took a look in Windjammer - they had this giant cake:

PXL_20221223_163445285.thumb.jpg.0b332e1959cfb91bc262034e100e3a35.jpg

I grabbed a virgin mojito at Boleros and picked up my Freestyle cup as well. I've never done the refreshment package, but I got a good enough deal on Black Friday that I'm happy with it.

• Like 4

So I went to the Key lunch ... It was okay but not great. But it was nice to avoid the insanity of Windjammer...

Menu:

PXL_20221223_170248093.thumb.jpg.a44cdd71c13e5e5ec387f1795998606b.jpg

Mushroom soup (way too salty for me):

PXL_20221223_171136290.thumb.jpg.4c4bd49567f5b33cd6a9157e900eb678.jpg

Burger without bun, with mac and cheese and asparagus:

PXL_20221223_172429267.thumb.jpg.e8effb7b9c4d093e15ec4c691631a87d.jpg

Warm chocolate cake (fantastic):

PXL_20221223_174729914.thumb.jpg.f17b8b3cd6c79eadda809da1e76ff2f1.jpg

• Like 4

On Board also. Took me like 15 minutes tops from reaching port to getting on the Ship. That was nice. 

Windjammer was busy and the food kind of meh, but I was hungry. Unpacked and took a nap. 

Internet seems better than on past Royal cruises. Starlink appears to be an improvement.

Going to dinner in a few minutes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

On my March Enchantment cruise they had the MDR open for [non-Key] embarkation lunch.  🙂

They only did that temporarily.  Pretty sure it had to do with Covid and spreading people out as that was right after they restarted cruising out of Baltimore. We were on in April (2-22)for a b2b and the only boarding day lunch was for Key and b2bers.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

Then I went to my muster station - well, the doors kind of near where my muster station is as we are all mustering indoors today due to the weather.

Was it a regular safety drill? The last few I've been on, it was just checking in at the muster station after watching the safety videos on the app.