Grandson wants to wear golf shorts to MDR. on the glory.

51st FMS

8 minutes ago, notscb said:

I'm wondering what you mean by this.

When we were on the Dream last week, a ton more folks were dressing up on the elegant nights than I would have ever guessed based on the discussion on these forums and the general vibe of the ship was very much in line with their cruise casual guidelines.

My recent experience on 3 of our last 4 cruises, 2 out of NOLA, was anything but that.  It was a crowd more focused on smoking weed and being rowdy.  The only decent Carnival cruise we had this year was on the MG.

I've sailed out of LA, Galveston, NO, Charlston, FLL, Miami, PC, Venice, and Amsterdam.

For the most part, each geographical location will have it's own vib, atmosphere, and demographics.

Each cruise was different in what each of us would consider to be normal decorum.

Many of us tend to tut tut anything we perceive to be different. I have to ask, is that a Them problem? or a Me problem?

12 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Many of us tend to tut tut anything we perceive to be different. I have to ask, is that a Them problem? or a Me problem?

"Me" is still doing and acting the same way I and the vast majority of my fellow cruisers of the time always acted over the last 20 years.