Referral Program

Lonedaddy

15 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Does SS still have a referral program?  Not sure if I can use it as we are going on our first cruise in May and I would like to refer another couple to join us.

To do a referral, you have to be a VS member first. Someone can refer you though if you have friends who can do that. (Don’t ask on here though as “fake” referrals could lose that friends VS status.

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

Does SS still have a referral program?  Not sure if I can use it as we are going on our first cruise in May and I would like to refer another couple to join us.

You are not a Venetian Society Member until you take your first Silversea cruise.  Therefore you can not refer another couple.  And as @les37b posted Silversea is paying very strict attention to those trying to game the system by asking for a referral from members who are not their friends or family members.

14 hours ago, mysty said:

You are not a Venetian Society Member until you take your first Silversea cruise.  Therefore you can not refer another couple.  And as @les37b posted Silversea is paying very strict attention to those trying to game the system by asking for a referral from members who are not their friends or family members.

They are very close friends/neighbors who own property in Belize next to us, and who are also going on a regent cruise with us.  I am booking them with our travel agent so there is no gaming the system.  In fact, Regent allowed me to get the referral made before my first cruise and applied it after my first cruise to my second cruise.  So that is why I am asking as regent fully understood spirit of the intent and appreciated the extra new members.  Perhaps SS will I'll ask my TA to check.

17 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

They are very close friends/neighbors who own property in Belize next to us, and who are also going on a regent cruise with us.  I am booking them with our travel agent so there is no gaming the system.  In fact, Regent allowed me to get the referral made before my first cruise and applied it after my first cruise to my second cruise.  So that is why I am asking as regent fully understood spirit of the intent and appreciated the extra new members.  Perhaps SS will I'll ask my TA to check.

I was simply attempting to answer your question.  Silversea isn't Regent.  Feel free to ask your TA.   The reference to gaming the system was concerning folks new to Silversea who posted on CC  looking for Venetian Society members to refer them.  The referral program is meant for real life friends and family members not for folks who don't even know each other. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

I was simply attempting to answer your question.  Silversea isn't Regent.  Feel free to ask your TA.   The reference to gaming the system was concerning folks new to Silversea who posted on CC  looking for Venetian Society members to refer them.  The referral program is meant for real life friends and family members not for folks who don't even know each other. 

I thought that was clear since they would be joining us: "refer another couple to join us" 

12 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

I thought that was clear since they would be joining us: "refer another couple to join us" 

Obviously I wasn't clear.  Sorry for the confusion.  You will not be a member of the Venetian Society until after your first Silversea cruise.  Verify with your TA.  Only Venetian Society members can refer family and friends using the referral program.  Since you are not a member yet the referral program is not available to you.

From the Silversea website...."When you complete your first Silversea voyage, you become part of an exclusive circle of friends — the Venetian Society. "

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Frugalsgirl said:

We are VS members and our BiL and Sil are joining us. First time cruisers. We booked with TA who tells us SS will not allow us referral payment as they gave the TA a substantial discount?  Anyone else hear this? 

That doesn’t sound correct at all. You wouldn’t even be credited with VS sail days in your account either.

I don’t think the incentive is dependant on booking direct with SS and also think the money is independent of any commission earnings paid to TA. They should remain unchanged.

Did you both fill out the forms for this?

I’d go back and insist they add it. Some TA don’t act with the best intentions for their customers

• Like 1

Thanks les37b

we have logged in and tried again and it is saying accepted 🤞🏻. I also thought the referral should have been independent of the TA . Do we both have to complete form?. I thought it would only be us as we are the vs members and the referrer. I have ongoing issues with my silversea giving me access and from what I hear I’m not the only one. 

Edited by Frugalsgirl

6 hours ago, Frugalsgirl said:

Do we both have to complete form?  I thought it would only be us as we are the vs members and the referrer.

SS makes the details of the program very clear on their website.  They state, “you share with your friend your Venetian Society Number and your name. Your friend provides us or their travel advisor with your information when they make their booking. Your friend must claim their referral and provide your information within 21 days of making the reservation, in order for this offer to be valid.”

• Like 1