Unlimited internet

curlstravel

Just got off escape and the wifi is borderline unusable.  I kept my 150 min and my wife got unlimited.  We both had the same speed…..SLOW. Several minutes to load a webpage.  It was so bad i only used half of my minutes.  Its just wasnt worth the hassle.  Not sure on other ships,  but that was really bad.  Also speed is the same on all packages.  Its only permissions that change.

• Like 1

Yes I can pretty much vouch I had the unlimited "premium" package for streaming my wife had the regular unlimited both were equally slow.  One thing to note we had many issue with the internet not working and people on the minutes plan could not log out.  They had to go to the internet cafe every day to have them get their minutes back.

I would just go with one unlimited  plan and swap back and forth the most part you will both be disappointed 🙂

• Like 2

Just got off Epic dec. 23 in San Juan.  Bought wife upgrade and it showed me with no free 150 minutes and also no shore excursion credit. went to internet mgr and he said was having a lot of people complaning this week.  After 4th trip to Guest services and Talking finally with Asst Gen mgr got everything worked out on 3rd day. He said the changes NCL recently made were giving them fits.  Also ship was full so internet was very hard to use most of the time

Edited by cruisingrandy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingrandy said:

Just got off Epic dec. 23 in San Juan.  Bought wife upgrade and it showed me with no free 150 minutes and also no shore excursion credit. went to internet mgr and he said was having a lot of people complaning this week.  After 4th trip to Guest services and Talking finally with Asst Gen mgr got everything worked out on 3rd day. He said the changes NCL recently made were giving them fits.  Also ship was full so internet was very hard to use most of the time

Same thing happened to me

As others have posted, can confirm that you can upgrade one person, and the other retains their FAS minutes. We were on the Escape TA in November, and I was able to use the unlimited premium / streaming to watch some sports as well as work remotely for a couple of days during the crossing.   

Service wasn't "great" but worked sufficiently for what I needed.  Of course the ship was at less than 50% capacity, so there weren't as many people competing for bandwidth.

Hoping that their trials with starlink work out and that they're able to upgrade the fleet at some point.

Starlink I get the feeling is going to be a bit of a challenge they are moving pretty fast and on land handing off from one to the other works, on a moving ship it will be more of a challenge for sure.  But who knows, Royal Caribbean has had their  VOOM service using OB3 (Now SES)  we have had pretty fast internet speeds ( 25+ MB download)  so you don't necessarily need something new and fancy justn need to invest some money in the technology and people.  On our cruise they said they could not lock on and track the satellites, something that should be pretty simple considering we were not in rough seas or major overcast storms!

I remember well how slow and frustrating the WiFi is...but I like to post on CC an ongoing trip report so I got the unlimited and hubby stuck with the FAS minutes. When he runs out of minutes, if he needs to send an email (which I doubt, but it could happen), is there a way for him to use my minutes on his phone? Not looking to scam the system, I'm just wondering it it would be possible and if he would just log on in my name on his device or if he'd need to use mine to do it.

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

I remember well how slow and frustrating the WiFi is...but I like to post on CC an ongoing trip report so I got the unlimited and hubby stuck with the FAS minutes. When he runs out of minutes, if he needs to send an email (which I doubt, but it could happen), is there a way for him to use my minutes on his phone? Not looking to scam the system, I'm just wondering it it would be possible and if he would just log on in my name on his device or if he'd need to use mine to do it.

I believe you can sign out and he can sign in.  Its one device at a time.  Alot of people have i pads,  etc.

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

Yes, you can sign out of one device and log on with another, the system doesn't care how many devices you have, but only one can be logged in at a time.

2 hours ago, resetjet said:

I believe you can sign out and he can sign in.  Its one device at a time.  Alot of people have i pads,  etc.

Thank you. Good to know. He is not into being online much when on vacation, but if his kids need to ask him something I know he'd like get back to them.