WestJet pricing difference?

cdn_tbird

This is NOT intended as a rant or slam or venting on my part. With the amount of flying I've done throughout my career, I probably have had an issue with all of them. Just call me an equal opportunity unsatisfied airline customer. 🤣

We have a cruise in Nov, and I'm one of those types that likes to book airfare pretty much as soon as I can. When I went to WestJet's web-site to check pricing, for whatever reason it was showing no pricing for some dates but there were prices for dates after the return date I'm interested in. Thinking it might be my browser cache, so before clearing it in Edge, I launched Chrome as a 2nd browser to my surprise, the pricing for the same dates is significantly different.

Not sure why this happened, as I know I wasn't logged into my WestJet account in either browser. I know for at least a little while, I'll be doublechecking prices on different browsers/devices before I book anything.

Wonder if anyone has any idea on what might have happened here.

WestJet Price Difference.jpg

Edited by cdn_tbird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mom says said:

^^^^^ Bingo. OP is comparing different flights. Not unusual to have different rates between the same cities but different direction of travel.

Exactly. A random example for WJ pricing on February 25, 2023:

Ottawa - Punta Cana:  $643.40

Punta Cana - Ottawa:  $1,409.65

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 4:37 PM, shellyd1 said:

Also be careful if it is in USD or CAD.  Sometimes Air Canada defaults to USD even though I am in Canada.  Maybe I am picking the first link when I search and it might be the US site, I'm not certain.

Nope. I think that that is the default. I was on the Canadian site, getting Canadian prices for flights, but when I went to buy my seats, they were in US$, even though I double checked and made sure it was the Canadian page that I was on.