HA Rotterdam 7 Day Norse

SSBrickNJ

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

You can do Viking Sagas on the 2nd of Aug from Copenhagen.

Please tell me more about that.

Any links would be VERY appreciated.

I am a school teacher.

I finish school around June 19th....but snow days this winter can add days to the calendar.

I teach in the optional Summer School program in July.

September the next school year is underway.

So.....i can only do a lengthy vacation in August....yet it has to be prior to being a good dad and helping my daughter move in to her dorm.

August 1st - August 17th

A 7 or 8 day cruise anywhere in that 17 day window is most helpful.

18 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Please tell me more about that.

Any links would be VERY appreciated.

I am a school teacher.

I finish school around June 19th....but snow days this winter can add days to the calendar.

I teach in the optional Summer School program in July.

September the next school year is underway.

So.....i can only do a lengthy vacation in August....yet it has to be prior to being a good dad and helping my daughter move in to her dorm.

August 1st - August 17th

A 7 or 8 day cruise anywhere in that 17 day window is most helpful.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E3N07D/J357.html

It fits in your window of dates. I have not done this itinerary, but others here can speak to it. I believe it is also a great itinerary  for 7 days though. For your dates, you have only the option from Copenhagen (instead of Rotterdam), but it is the same itinerary Viking Saga itinerary otherwise I think.

Also - same class of ship.

Edited by rodndonna
more info
  • Like 1

As mentioned, the August 2 sailing on the Nieuw Statendam is a decent alternative, it goes to Flaam instead of Geiranger but you'll still have a wonderful time. Ship layout is very similar to the Rotterdam so my previous cabin recommendations should still hold.

Other alternative cruises around same price point, outside of Holland America would be:

• August 6 Cunard Queen Victoria (goes to both Flaam AND Geiranger!), though you'll have to bring your dressy clothes if you want access to a lot of places every other night. You leave from Southampton
  • August 4/5 Costa Firenze (also goes to both Flaam and Geiranger), though it's may be like an Italian version of Carnival onboard. You can either embark at Kiel or Copenhagen
  • August 5 MSC Euriba (goes to Flaam). Kinda like Italian NCL, may not have a refined experience if you're not spending big bucks on Yacht Club. Leaves from Kiel.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

As mentioned, the August 2 sailing on the Nieuw Statendam is a decent alternative, it goes to Flaam instead of Geiranger but you'll still have a wonderful time. Ship layout is very similar to the Rotterdam so my previous cabin recommendations should still hold.

Other alternative cruises around same price point, outside of Holland America would be:

• August 6 Cunard Queen Victoria (goes to both Flaam AND Geiranger!), though you'll have to bring your dressy clothes if you want access to a lot of places every other night. You leave from Southampton
  • August 4/5 Costa Firenze (also goes to both Flaam and Geiranger), though it's may be like an Italian version of Carnival onboard. You can either embark at Kiel or Copenhagen
  • August 5 MSC Euriba (goes to Flaam). Kinda like Italian NCL, may not have a refined experience if you're not spending big bucks on Yacht Club. Leaves from Kiel.

We are middle trim kinda cruisers. Not Carnival or Euro versions of that....but not Queen Victoria or high brow stuff either.

I will look into Viking Sagas on August 2nd and I will open the link in Post #27 as well.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!! 🙂

2 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

We are middle trim kinda cruisers. Not Carnival or Euro versions of that....but not Queen Victoria or high brow stuff either.

I will look into Viking Sagas on August 2nd and I will open the link in Post #27 as well.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!! 🙂

So I saw that Post #27's link WAS the Aug. 2nd Cruise.

I called Holland America and the nice agent helped me select Stateroom K5024

A price I'm happy with and an itinerary that my wife and I like.

Denmark and Norway.

I'm very excited!

So glad I posted here on Cruise Critic!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tennispretzel said:

We were thinking of back to back Viking Sagas and Norse Legends but wondering if these 14 days are too redundant.  We have never been to Norway at all and realize that all the cities are different but would it be too much fjords/scenery at one time?

No! 
I have cruised to Norway more times than I can count, and I never get sick of going back to some of the same places, nor seeing the fjords/scenery. For one thing, the weather makes a big difference, so seeing the same place under different conditions makes for a very different experience. Just sailing up a fjord in crystal clear, sunny weather, then back out that afternoon under a cloudy sky evokes an entirely different atmosphere.