MSC Divina departing from Miami... passport REQUIRED?

Mike&Nikki

Hi! Has anyone just came back or have up-to-date info on, if you are able to board the Divina on the short 3 night/4 day cruise leaving Miami to OC & back with BC & state issued photo ID? (Closed loop cruise, only OC & back, leaving Miami). 

Yes, I KNOW passport is the preferred document to have but the question is, is a passport REQUIRED?  😃

thanks! 

12 hours ago, Mike&Nikki said:

Hi! Has anyone just came back or have up-to-date info on, if you are able to board the Divina on the short 3 night/4 day cruise leaving Miami to OC & back with BC & state issued photo ID? (Closed loop cruise, only OC & back, leaving Miami). 

Yes, I KNOW passport is the preferred document to have but the question is, is a passport REQUIRED?  😃

thanks! 

No, you do not have to have a passport for that cruise. You do need a certified or notarized copy of your birth certificate and a valid id.  Just google documents...do I need a passport for a cruise and you will get the info you are looking for

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

No, you do not have to have a passport for that cruise. You do need a certified or notarized copy of your birth certificate and a valid id.  Just google documents...do I need a passport for a cruise and you will get the info you are looking for

FYI, the reason this question was asked is cruise lines can require more documentation than legally necessary.  Since MSC is an Italian company and used to requiring passports for their cruises.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

FYI, the reason this question was asked is cruise lines can require more documentation than legally necessary.  Since MSC is an Italian company and used to requiring passports for their cruises.  

MSC has said US citizens traveling on Caribbean cruises from the US do not need a passport.  See the fourth paragraph.  GO BUCKS!!

image.thumb.png.3ac77174147e869863a8c4db8d94b1f8.png

• Like 1