Anthem/Port Canaveral Transportation Question

teacherman

I am taking 8 people on the Anthem of the Seas cruise on March 26.  I have gone on the RCCL web site and managed to link our reservations together so we can dine together.   Then I started looking at reserving IFLY and North Star.  I guess I was surprised to see that there was a charge for these items, which I thought were "free".   The offerings were only on certain sea days.  So, are these things available at other times for no costs?   If so, do they have to be reserved and, if so, when do you reserve them?   I looked at reserving some of the shows, but it said to come back closer to the cruise date.   What shows need to be reserved?  Our dining time is at 7:00 each evening.  Will that time allow us to see any of the shows?   Any information/advice you can offer for this particular ship is most welcome.  This is a Christmas gift to the family, so I want to try and make it a very nice experience.   I am D+, if that matters, which nowadays probably doesn't.   Thank you.

Sorry about the messed up formatting.  I have looked on the Port Canaveral section and I find much information about hotels, airport shuttles, etc.   But I do not find anything about a port stop at Port Canaveral,  Simple question:  Are Uber/Lyft/taxis available to come to the pier and take you to local beaches?  Or must you use the cruise lines shuttles?

59 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Are Uber/Lyft/taxis available to come to the pier and take you to local beaches? 

Uber/Lyft service the cruise port and have 'marked' areas for picking up pax. Of course supply & demand can dictate the dynamic price you'll pay on any given day, but I've found it always reasonable for a ride to Coco Beach. I have both apps installed so I can compare prices as Uber is almost always posting surge rates.

Please note that cell service is deplorable around Terminals 5/6. So tracking and timing the arrival of your rideshare may be a little hectic as the drive may show up and the status map in your app shows them still 5 mins away  🙂

sailed ODSY' Thanks' week.  IFLY and NORTHSTAR pretty much require reservations altho in theory a walk up is possible .....  and there are free times and pay times .....

IME only the show in 270 theater required a reservation (and it wasn't all that good of a show . . .) 'Regular shows' in main theater did not require reservation.

UBER/LYFT and taxi are available in Canav - but remember this IS a small town so there are fewer of each than you might be used to . . 

looking at PC' schedule appears your port call is 28th and you are the only ship that day and scheduled for CT-1 which is next to Grills . . . (a NORTHSTAR ride during the port stay will give a Birdseye view to Kennedy Space Center!)

grills-seafood-30.jpg