New Sun Princess - Anyone here traveled or cruised Europe (Rome) about two weeks before Easter?

Wishing on a star

I see an itinerary that we like on the new ship,  which will cruise Europe before Spring.

I don't know when the crowds will start to get crazy.

Considering arriving about two weeks before Easter, and doing a 10 day cruise.

I don't know if Easter would have a big effect on the amount of travelers.

I don't know if the Spring Break time-frame is a big thing when it comes to Europe and a cruise.

I really don't think many ships are cruising that early in the year.

Can anyone here offer any insight.

The date of Easter varies, which has an impact on crowds. 

There is no such thing as a Spring Break in Europe, but cruises over the Easter school holidays will have more school children on board.

US Spring Breakers appear to be in their late teens/early twenties. That vast majority of Europeans in that age group would not be seen dead on a cruise ship !

Cruise ships sail in the Mediterranean all year round.

Yes, some lines do.   I know that Viking has their "Quiet Season European" sailings.

The new SUN Princess will be there, as it will be new, just out of the Shipyard.

But, of course, Princess does not usually sail Europe until later in the Spring.

I think it is a fraction of the cruises and travelers that are there from late Spring thru Fall.

I am thinking we would be okay, as long as we see Rome FIRST, about two weeks before Easter.

And I also don't see Europe as a big  U.S.  spring break destination. 

But, I haven't been, so I just don't know!

41 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes, some lines do.   I know that Viking has their "Quiet Season European" sailings.

The new SUN Princess will be there, as it will be new, just out of the Shipyard.

But, of course, Princess does not usually sail Europe until later in the Spring.

I think it is a fraction of the cruises and travelers that are there from late Spring thru Fall.

I am thinking we would be okay, as long as we see Rome FIRST, about two weeks before Easter.

And I also don't see Europe as a big  U.S.  spring break destination. 

But, I haven't been, so I just don't know!

We’ve been on two Med cruises over Easter and once in Barcelona on Easter Day.

It was not crazy busy, not as busy as the summer months.  Rome is always crowded every time we have been, no matter what time of year.  Two weeks 

before Easter, shouldn’t be too bad.

Not many teens on the cruises. Some had younger children, but not a lot of children on any of the Spring cruises.