NCL Excursion with the MOST Monkeys

spenecer

I am cruising for the first time on NCL Epic in March.  I have $100 of excursion credit per port.  We are supposed to stop in St. Kitt's.  I am reading that St. Kitt's has a lot of monkeys.  Amazingly, none of the descriptions for excursions on the NCL website talk about monkeys.  I am wondering if anyone knows which NCL excursion would have the most monkeys or possibility of monkey interaction.  It might be great or horrifying, but I'm in it to find the most monkeys now.  I would like to use my excursion credit, so I'm limiting myself to NCL excursions only.  Please suggest your Monkey+ excursions.  Thanks.

This might get better traction in the port of call forums. I can honestly say I have never associated St. Kitt with monkeys until just now. It may not be as 'touristy' a thing to do as you think it is. 

If you don't see an NCL trip which specifically lists 'monkeys', and you have your heart set on using your $100 credit, book a short trip to get your moneys worth of free excursions and then talk to the locals. 

12 hours ago, wcook said:

There were several kinds shifty guys in the port area with tiny monkeys. I heard they were asking $10 for three pictures holding the monkeys. 

Meh, I don't want captive monkeys or a photo op.  I really want to do a rainforest hike up the volcano, since I'm pretty sure monkeys hang out in trees but none is offered through NCL.

7 minutes ago, spenecer said:

Sadly, I can't use my excursion credit with those tours.

Obviously I know that. I was giving you some apparent rainforest options. Your choice is do do what you’d prefer to do and forget about your excursion credit, or not. 

Frankly, I agree with the comments above that seeing monkeys on St. Kitts doesn’t seem to be much of a “thing.”  I’d use the shorex credit and, if it’s offered, take the St. Kitts Scenic Railway tour.   Interesting, beautiful, and fun way to see a chunk of the island. 

We saw monkeys from the Sugarcane Train.  They were raiding a local farmer's garden on the hill side by the volcano.  The only other monkeys we saw were in town for the photo ops.......beware of the little trained pick pockets! 

40 minutes ago, hernando52 said:

We saw monkeys from the Sugarcane Train.  They were raiding a local farmer's garden on the hill side by the volcano. 

That's the excursion I suggested the OP take.  🙂 

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQYJRrz-nSo75CS5emsFxaDv4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1672606002

(photo by turtles06)

2 hours ago, Montanagirlalways said:

i remember years ago going to shipwreck beach and there were a lot of monkeys around.

I'm on the 1/8 getaway sailing.  My daughter is currently obsessed with monkeys.  We are booked on a private tour to see the rainforest and monkeys.  Our tour operator recommended shipwreck beach.  That beach also has a restaurant with very strong reviews.

On 12/31/2022 at 8:48 AM, spenecer said:

I am cruising for the first time on NCL Epic in March.  I have $100 of excursion credit per port.  We are supposed to stop in St. Kitt's.  I am reading that St. Kitt's has a lot of monkeys.  Amazingly, none of the descriptions for excursions on the NCL website talk about monkeys.  I am wondering if anyone knows which NCL excursion would have the most monkeys or possibility of monkey interaction.  It might be great or horrifying, but I'm in it to find the most monkeys now.  I would like to use my excursion credit, so I'm limiting myself to NCL excursions only.  Please suggest your Monkey+ excursions.  Thanks.

Spencer if you quote me at the end of January I can let you know how our excursion was (I get notification when someone quotes me on the forums).  I don't know if NCL goes to shipwreck beach, but we have a private tour operator and I can let you know about the operator.  Its 400 for a completely private tour for just my family.

• Like 1